For me it all started with a question.

In the series you have:
1. Superman's powers
2. Kryptonite, green and red
3. Power transference via lightning and red K
4. Clark being an alien with super powers and looking 99+% human.

The question was, "Can you find a single underlying concept that could explain everything on this list?" Eventually I found a set of ideas that seemed to be able to cover all these issues. At that point I wanted to tell someone. (Other than The Fabulous Beverly) I actually considered writing a lecture by Bernie Klein but realized that even I wouldn't want to read it. So I constructed a story. (Luck and Consequences) When I started, the ONLY goal was to deliver the lecture in a way that would be interesting enough for someone to read.

So, in my case, it wasn't so much to fix as it was to explain. What I found along the way was that I enjoyed it. A lot! THEN it became about fixing things. That was certainly what I had in mind as of my 2nd story (After a Door Slams)

This past year while I've been struggling with my writers block, I've noticed that I've lost some of the motivation to fix and I'm thinking more about creation. I have several outlines for Alt-beginning stories. The challenge is to get these on paper. I'm very excited about two of these in particular.

So, back to the question:
What motivates me to write fanfiction.
1. To explain.
2. To fix.
3. Because I simply enjoy it - and this community - so much.

Bob