What motivates me to write fanfiction? That would be my muse, who calls herself Aoife, or so she decided sometime this year during a brief visit. I've never actually decided 'I want something to do, oh I know, I'll write fanfic', it really is just as simple as I get ideas and write them down.

When I was a kid I used to play-act them out but as I got older I realised that I looked silly, wandering around talking to myself, lost in some television or book-based world, and it occurred to me that I could write them down like a book. Which is what I did. Quite often I'd try and turn the ideas into original fiction as I didn't realise that there was such a thing as fanfiction until I bought my Lois & Clark DVDs when I was at uni, got back into the show and found the archive after wanting more Lois & Clark than the four series offered. So I started writing out these ideas in their 'original' form, rather than trying to morph them into original works by me, which worked much better and actually allowed me to finish one or two.

Aoife still drops by every now and then with new ideas. She's come up with more for L&C than any other fandom that she's obsessed with (of which there are a few, I won't lie) and despite the fact that she seemed to get bored with L&C a while ago and keeps changing her mind about what her current obsession is, she still gives me new L&C plot bunnies every now and then. It's just a shame she never sticks around long enough to let me get close to finishing any of them!