I was in kindergarten in 1987, but I was in a sorority in college. I highly doubt Lois would be in a sorority -- it's much more of a party atmosphere, but I could see Ellen being in one of the really big legacy ones like Kappa Kappa Gamma, and possibly guilting Lois into rushing ... and then her hating it. I actually ended up quitting mine because I was never able to be at official functions since I was always at the newspaper.

Sororities didn't usually have party parties -- they had organized mixers and dances. The sorority girls all went to frat parties, which had loud music and free booze. I think I once drank something that was mixed in what appeared to be a large garbage can. Does that discredit me as a mod? wink I am thinking the drinks served would be cheap stuff -- beer, vodka with koolaid (yes, seriously) and wine coolers.

BTW, Phi Beta Kappa isn't a sorority. It's an academic honor society. I was in a similiar one; Phi Eta Sigma -- and in order to stay in a sorority, you had to maintain a certain GPA, so a lot of women in my house were in PBK or PES.

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"