Given the extreme lack of morale in my newsroom right now (i.e. layoffs and financial turmoil), I have to find my morale elsewhere. So here we go.

The concept is simple: Show some love or appreciation for an author or reader in this fandom -- tell us why you appreciate them, and recommend one of their stories for us to read (if they're an author). Old or new, nfic or gfic, it's all game. Your answer can be as long or as short as you want.

However, an author or reader may only be mentioned ONE TIME. So if you see that they have already been lauded, DO NOT post about them again. So read the thread VERY carefully.

So I'll start:

I'm giving props to ... ML Thompson.

Because ... I have slowly been reading all of her stories on the archive (gfic is safer at work) and they just blow me away. I've laughed, I've cried, I've contemplated taking a cold shower in the scary locker room downstairs, and I've continually marveled at her ability to keep readers wanting more. She is one of the best writers I have seen in terms of coming up with a creative plot. "The People Vs. Clark Kent" comes to mind, as does "Curiosity Killed the Reporter."

I recommend ... Since "Sex, Lies and Videotape" is one of my fave eps, I absolutely loved "Vindication." Technically, Samantha wasn't wrong when she saw Lois and Superman doing a little off-deadline horizontal page proofing, so it was really interesting to see someone else setting out to find the truth -- at Lois' expense, no less!

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"