Interesting question, Carol. Because I very, very seldon read stories on the boards. I wait to read stories on the archives. So if I do give feedback, it will almost always be in an email - unless it's in regards to a story that I beta read or something. But if I do read a story and enjoy it, I will usually try to send the author an email. And, like you, I often don't receive a response anymore.

On the other hand, I remember during my first couple of stories, I got some emails from people saying they liked the story and... I have to tell you, at first, I thought it was really strange laugh . I wondered why anyone would send a stranger an email blush - so I didn't respond. Of course, my opinion on feedback in emails has changed drastically over the years. After all, I write for me, I post for feedback laugh .

I can actually remember the first email I ever sent in response to a story. It was when I read Without Consent by Wendy Richards. My heart was in my throat, wondering if she would think it was really weird to get an email from a complete stranger. Maybe she would think I was a stocker or something and send the police after me laugh . I was so relieved when she wrote back, thanking me for my email. laugh

I guess I don't know why I said all that blush . I guess this thread just got me thinking - and remembering.

Oh, right. I know. I just wanted to say that I, personally, like getting an email. And since most of my stories were not posted to the boards first, if it weren't for emails, I'd probably never know if people liked my stories or looked at the archives and groaned, "Another story by ML Thompson? I'm so sick of her. Why doesn't she just give up writing and go away?"

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane