I've been pregnant six times, the last time with twins, and I can tell you that each was different. The first time, I had no clue until I missed a period, and then I didn't start to even show until I was nearly five months along -- and it wasn't really noticieable when I was fully dressed until nearly seven months. I was "morning sick" all day long for the first six months, and then in the afternoon for the rest of it. The second time, I remember sitting in the living room watching my little boy and Sesame Street, and feeling hot flashes, and wondering what could possibly be the matter. (This from an OB nurse!) The doctor said that hormone changes were causing the hot flashes and that I was probably pregnant -- and I was. The third time, I remember feeling utterly exhausted about a week before my period was due and thinking that I was either pregnant or had a deadly disease. Fortunately, it was the former.

I had morning sickness all six times, but the pattern varied. With some it was in the morning, some in the afternoon, and one all day long for months. <ugh>

The last time, I noticed that my clothing was getting tight much sooner than with previous pregnancies, but attributed it to the fact that this was number six -- until the ultrasound showed two heartbeats. That was also one of the afternoon "morning sickness" ones.

I never fainted with a pregnancy, but I almost did once when I went without eating for too long. I'd been nauseated all afternoon and had avoided food like the plague, and paid the price later in the evening, so it can happen. Of course, that was the night my hubby took me out to Baskin Robbins at ten p.m. because he knew if he didn't I'd be talking about banana splits all night.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.