And then there was me... I did my morning sickness backwards. Doing good at breakfast, iffy at lunch, and hopeless at dinner time. Actually, at the very beginning of a pregnancy I felt sick all day long -- as things progressed I started to be able to handle breakfast, then lunch... my personal cut-off time for food gradually moved later and later in the day. The reason I first suspected I was pregnant with my second baby was that I had felt *awful* for days but didn't have any cold symptoms.

I personally couldn't stand any sort of tight fit around my waist, and though I didn't often throw up (only once fainted, but I also had the flu) I felt sick most of the time. The thought of food wasn't too bad, but certain smells were unbearable.

When I announced at work that I was preggers, one of my co-workers told me she'd suspected it. She said I'd changed my snacking habits and tended to go home early. If your hypothetical female partner had any kind of flexibility in her hours, she might shift them and start coming in late or going home early.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K