The feverish drive to build a ship - a ship only an infant could fit in. Obviously they had the technology to build bigger ships. So that leaves a question of why a bigger ship could not have been built to house at least Lara and Kal-El or even all three of them. I understand that Lara would be reluctant to leave Jor-El but that would ultimately be overridden by her desire to go with Kal-El to raise and protect him and Jor-El's urging her to do so. Plus the look of the ship etc.
Or even why, if they had the means and the will to send their children to a place of safety in ships and Kal-El was so important to them and part of the elite - why he never got a seat in those spaceships and had to be saved by his parents, alone. Logically, wouldn't they have sent him to NK too?

That one I never understood.

Justine Bateman was adequate but barely
I have to say that JB is definitely a large part of the reason that I don't have much time for the NKers. I couldn't work up much sympathy for the character because she was played so bland and one-dimensional. Whether that was down to the actress or to direction - I understand that they were trying to make the NKers emotionless and cold - I have no idea. But it just left me bored, watching. We were supposed to feel sympathy for at least some of the NKers, and in particular Ching and Zara, but there was nothing there that I could connect with.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers