It's one my least favourite story lines, and yet I wrote a fic that was partially about it and, am currently really enjoying two mbs WIPs that are based around this arc. Go figure. laugh

Where to start?

First, the idea: I always loved the notion of CK/S as the "Last Son of Kryton" and the whole arc destroyed that idea.

Second - lots of continuity problems - for example: the fact that Clark's crib-ship was so obviously different in GGGoH and in the NK arc; Jor EL was physically different in the NK arc than he was in the globe story in S1 (the Foundling?); Zara and Ching's chat about 'for the sake of the children" which was never picked up on.

Third - New Krypton wasn't worth the hassle. It was a class ridden, patriarchy straight out of the European Middles Ages with the exception that it just happened to have high tech gadgets. What was Clark - Truth and Justice- Kent doing fighting for that sort of society?

Fourth: The marriage with Zara - so manipulative of the audience at that point. ( I could now rant a tad about concubines in pink dresses too smile Guess I just did )

Fifth: The shapeshifter guy - not a bad idea, but once again , over the top.

Sixth: The bad guy's death at the end - but not killed by Clark who was fighting him at the time - someone else did Clark's dirty work for him. An ethical cop-out.

Seventh..... etc.... etc

As usual, I have way too many opinions - I know. smile

That said, there were a few things I liked it - especially the beautiful scene where Lois and Clark say good-bye and exchange vows. His wonderful line "I have loved you from the beginning."

Maybe what was most frustrating, once I'd given up the romantic "Last Son of Krypton" myth, was the cheesy execution of a few interesting ideas in the arc.

c. ( As usual, I have way too many opinions - I know. smile )