I know this is a character thread... but can I just mention how much trouble I have with action? I'm not talking about bombs and shoot 'em up action, I'm talking about getting L&C from the apartment to the car! Does anyone else find that troubling? You know, without just saying: Lois and Clark went down to her jeep, got in, buckled their seat belts... Lois started the car and started driving to their destination... then the dialogue resumes.
Good gracious, yes. It's so incredibly tedious for me because I'll be all dialogue dialogue dialogue back and forth, and then it's like, okay wait. Lois has to get her jacket, and Clark needs to shut to door behind him, and then they have to both get in the car, but wait Lois should really start the car, and and...can't we just get back to the interesting stuff already? /me pulls some hair out. It's so annoyingly necessary, though. I can't plan out an entire story inside Clark's apartment because I'm afraid to let them out the door. Inside Clark's Apartment, coming to a fanfic archive near you. wink

JD
:p

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy