Well, I'm sitting here racking my brains to think of anyone I really struggle with. I mean, on one level, I struggle with the entire cast and actually find my pet original character the easiest of all to write. After all, he's entirely my own invention, so I ought to know how he's going to behave.

But on another level, I really don't feel that daunted by any member of the cast. I've attempted most of them and have never reached the point where I haven't a clue what to do next. That said, like Wendy, I'm sure my readers have their own opinions on how well I write L&C characters, and those opinions won't necessarily agree with my own. laugh

If I had to pick one character, I guess it would be Lois. I find it really hard to get inside her head; often I feel like I'm writing a pastiche of her real feelings and motivation. Writing Damaged was pure torture for me, because so much of it had to be from her POV - even though this was altLois and therefore I had more latitude with her character than normal. But I just can't empathise with her as well as I think I can with Clark. I don't know what it is - you'd think an urban woman from Earth would find it easier to get inside the head of another urban Earth woman, but instead, I find it much simpler to think like a farmboy from Krypton. confused

The supporting characters - Perry, Jimmy, Cat, Henderson, Klein, Tempus, Lex, etc - all have their little challenges, but the one which overrides all others for me is speech patterns. They're American and I'm not. I've had massive exposure to American speech patterns, of course, because American culture is so pervasive within our society (that's not a complaint, btw smile ) but it's still not my natural idiom and I *know* I get it wrong. But their motivation and behaviour patterns? I think I've got them sussed. laugh

Yvonne