Originally posted by Queen of the Capes:
1. If two fourteen year olds come together in a shotgun marriage, what happens to them? I mean, they're under 18, so they can't legally rent...so what happens?
Actually, most states I'm aware of, 14-year-olds can't marry, period. 16 with parental consent, 18 otherwise. But to answer the underage-rental question, a parent can cosign the lease as guarantor, and becomes financially responsible if they can't pay the rent.

2. If a man marries a woman with a son and they later divorce, can he get joint custody of the kid, even though, biologically, it's not his?
My brother going through such a divorce currently razz , I'd say probably not -- he's not being asked to pay child support, so I'm guessing he has no claim to custody either. If there were some compelling reason why the mother was an unfit parent, he might be able to make a case that he would be a good foster parent, though, since the child already knows him.

9. Ok, this is not really a fic question, but it's been bothering me since I read a certain maxiseries of comicbooks: Is it incest for a man to marry his great-granddaughter?
Not if both are over the age of 65 and they do it in Indiana! Seriously, probably is. But I was amused to learn that incest laws in Indiana cease to apply at age 65.