I guess what I'm really curious about is why I seem to have gone so quiet. That's what all of the above ramble boils down to. Inside my head- it's just me, no voices. (Does that sound crazy, or do you writer types know what I mean?) Like I look inside, and there's nothing- just tumbleweeds and the sound of the whistling wind.
CC, I don't have any great insights for you. I can only say that I'm out there in the fields with the same tumbleweeds and whistling winds.

The voices aren't talking to me and playing out the story the way the have in the past. And I hate it because the story is there, a lot of it typed out, and the characters and the scenes just sit there. And even when I sit in front of the screen and try to type something out, they are silent, not even egging me on.

I've written a short fic which used an idea I had in the longer fic hoping that would help, but I'm still not hearing the voices.

My BR, ML, sent me some ideas and it's helped a bit, but the basic problem is that the voices don't want to help me.

And I want them back because they've been such good friends. I miss them, and wonder when (and if) they will ever come back.

gerry