CC, this is a great topic. I have to admit it is also rather timely for me. At the moment, I am suffering from some cruel sort of writer's block. Especially cruel because today is a snow day. It would be nice if I were spending it writing, but no. Anyway, everyone so far has given very good advice and has said many of the things I would suggest. Brainstorming with a BR is often very helpful, as is doing a different fic while you're stuck on one. (I've employed that idea many times. Usually it works, sometimes not.) Then there's time. This has most often been a good solution for me, but I don't like it as well because I'm not so patient with writing! grumble

I must say my favorite way to get rid of writer's block is by brainstorming with my BRs or at IRC. laugh Not only do you get to brainstorm, but you get to do it in good company.

The biggest thing to remember, CC, is that it happens to all of us. It is frustrating and all, but everyone understands. Just don't push yourself too hard. And get back to writing already! laugh Okay, now I'm being silly. Good luck!

Jana (who is off to try some of the suggestions in this thread)

"Don't you people have lives?!?" ~Joe on Wings

"An eternal, burning flame. Hope lives on and love remains." ~from Love Remains, by Collin Raye