Originally posted by Mouserocks:
80. ( dance already!) Clark is exposed to red kryptonite on a regular basis (injected into his food, around the office at work, on rescues, etc). And, a la season 2, he starts to go a little crazy. He stops caring, screws up all of his relationships, and even begins to see things. Superman goes to Star Labs for treatment, where Dr. Klein decides to run tests on him using small dosages of red-k. Unfortunately, the experiment goes horribly wrong, and Superman loses it. They use green kryptonite to get control back over him and neutralize his powers, but the sudden loss of his powers coupled with the effect the red-k on his mental state causes him to lose his mind. Superman is forced into early retirement and simply disappears off the map. The high-ups in the government keep him in a guarded psychiatric facility with padded walls and low-dosage green kryptonite to keep him sedated. He never sees the sun.
I was re-reading because I was sure green M&M's was on here. You're right it's not. But I've got to say.... Hmmmmm. That plot seems familiar.

This is what I remembered:
54. Lois trades out herr chocolate obsession with a new favorite candy- Tootsie Roll Pops. Clark snags a green one from her stash, not realizing they have been tampered with by an unknown knave. He never reaches the chocolatey center.
It's not quite M&Ms though.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.