wow. i decided to hold off for a couple of days before responding to anna, just in case someone else dropped by. was just thinking last night that it had gotten a bit longer than i'd meant and that i should post, but i was kinda tired, so i left it for today. so, i was just coming over to do that, and here's a new post from loriel. cool! smile good timing. smile

anyway, thanks for posting anna and lauriel. smile i'm really glad to hear you both enjoyed the story so much. smile

as for the question of beta's gender, i dunno. i kinda thought of beta as female, probably because most, if not all, of the betas i've worked with have been female. still, i made sure to leave it ambiguous. there are male betas out there. heck, i've been one myself. so, even tho i'm leaning towards "female," i prefer to stay neutral.

in any case, while i'm writing, i'll mention that i still haven't gotten around to editing this one for the archive. since i'm planning to hold it for a jan upload anyway, i'm not too concerned. i am planning to get to it soon-ish, tho. we'll see how it goes. i'll be in florida for the next couple weeks, so i'm not sure how much i'll really be at the keys (no pun intended, for once).

thanks again for posting! i've said it before, and i'll say it again: this thread is the gift that keeps on giving. laugh all for a story i wasn't too sure about in the first place, too. cool

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.