Hi, John.
This was a very depressing peace.
Hmmm. Yes. I guess that's why I generally stay with much lighter fare. I believe if you are going to go dark, it has to feel real. One of the reasons that I can't stand Tempus, is that he's a joke. He loses for stupid reasons. With all the resources he can bring to bear, he would never lose the way he does. When a super-villian such as Lex comes after you, you are going to have a bad day. And it won't be light and fun. frown
I am actually most scared about Luthor's threat to kill the families of the gaurds if Clark escapes. I actually think it will deter Superman from trying at some level.
That was meant for both Superman and the guards. It's telling Superman that innocents will die if he escapes. It's also reminding the guards of the consequence of any laxness on their part. I've used this theme before. BIG evil doesn't just come after you, it comes after everyone you care about.
I am trying to not at all worry about Luthor's plan to get Lois to restore his honor to work. I am really puzzled that he thinks it could work, ever, at all, in any way.
He has a plan. It will become clear before we get done. In fact, it should become much more clear in the next chapter.

Thank you for you patience with this story. I know it's dark, I just hope that it turns out to be worth it in the end. The end of the story is very close now.

Lynn
I've been enjoying your story thus far; it's one of the few I am reading now.
Thank you for giving it a chance. I'm sure it isn't what you expected.
Things don't look good for our favourite couple at the moment. I'm on tenterhooks waiting to see how the next three parts go. If I had to guess, I would think that either Inspector Henderson or Perry might be Superman's rescuer.
No, things don't look good. Take a look at my response to John just above, I believe serious evil should be exactly that.

As for this:
Virginia -- I wouldn't entirely rule out the bunker/ark idea. I can't imagine that Lex would only have a single entrance into the bunker. I would think that anyone of Lex's cunning wouldn't put himself in a location in which he could easily be trapped should someone discover the sole entrance. It is possible that there is another secret entrance somewhere within a few blocks; perhaps via another, lesser, building of his. Of course, it is just as possible that Lois and Martha are in Australia, or China, or...

Relating to this:
I wonder if Lois is going to explain to Martha that there is no way that whoever kidnapped her (like she isn't going to figure it out soon) will let Martha leave there alive. At first I thought Lois and Martha were in the bunker ark, but it must have been buried by the collapse of Lex Tower.... well, the entrances buried because technically, it was already buried.
Sorry, Virginia. I missed that point in my earlier feedback. I'll go ahead and clarify a point. I always thought Luthor would be too smart not to have a backup escape and survival plan. His bunker wasn't just under his tower, there was another section - accessible by underground paths, that was away from his main complex. Luthor is a survivalist. He would assume that when the authorities came after him, they might take his tower apart to find him and his secrets. Therefore, he had an alternate escape location near, but not too near, the bunker complex he showed Lois. That is where all of this is taking place.

As for what Lois will be saying to Martha, well, take a look at chapter 10 and think about that question again.

Again, thank you for the time and feedback. I hope to bring this to a conclusion very soon.

Bob