Great ending! This was definitely the happiness and all-around more optimistic part I was looking forward to. And yet, it was so beautiful how amazingly you showed the differences between them. When he thinks Lois is lost to him, he becomes despairing and depressed, and yet, now that she's alive and healing and -- as he discovers -- in love with him, suddenly there's nothing bad in the world that doesn't have a silver lining! Clark needs her to be the optimist we all know and love! thumbsup

There were a lot of parts I loved through here -- especially that she wasn't mad at him; I'm always partial to stories where Lois allows her knowledge of who Clark really is and her love for him to temper her knee-jerk reaction -- but the part I loved most was this:

"I used to think that Clark had bits of Superman in him, like your unfailing manners and willingness...no, your eagerness to go out on a limb for those who can't do for themselves. But today, I realized it's the other way around. Superman has so much of Clark in him. His politeness. His decency. His generosity. His optimism and quiet strength. His unwillingness to allow me to continue on as I once was, and his determination to make me a better person. It was everything I'd come to know and love about Clark."

Beautiful and so well put!

Great story -- love that there was a proposal at the end!