That had been his fault. He should have told her. He'd had numerous opportunities over the past week to tell her how he felt, but he'd failed every time.
See? That’s why you should always break up while you still have time.

"You and Kent are particular friends?" Wolfe barked.
I think Det. Wolfe had a thing for Mayson.

"But obviously you're close enough that you drop into his apartment?"
“He’s doing my washing. I make sure his apartment isn’t robbed more than average.”

"It happened here, in his apartment," Henderson said. "We have a -"

Wolfe stepped between them. "We are not at liberty to discuss any case with members of the public," he said coldly.
Witness? Lana?

"The apartment was empty when we arrived,
Huh.

About two feet from Mayson - lying upside down, probably having fallen from her hand - was her shiny new baking pan.
Oh. And did she get clobbered with it?

Clark chose not to reply. "She was shot?" he asked, addressing his question to Henderson.
thumbsup

"If she didn't do it, she might spill the secret just to give you an alibi. I doubt her baby's 'father' serving a jail term for murder is a part of her grand plan."
wave Michael

Edit: I just remembered, I forgot to mention that Clark already knows how good he fares in lockup. He's still going to hear cries for help. That will never work out.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.