A taste of Chapter 9 - Part 13...

A few minutes earlier at the Daily Planet…

Clark returned to the office after stopping that robbery at the jewelry store. Mazik’s Jewelry Store, the same one he robbed two years earlier when one of the Mazik brothers had kidnapped his parents. What a small world.

Lois was sitting at her desk. She looked drained. Tired.

He sat on the edge of her desk. “Are you all right?”

She nodded.

Clark moved a lock of hair off her forehead. “Anytime you want me there with you, you let me know.”

Lois looked up at him with such an expression of love, he cupped her jaw in his palm and kissed her. “I love you, Clark Kent,” she whispered.

He rested his head against hers. “Not as much as I love you, Lois Lane.” He winced as soon as he said it. She was going to take it the wrong way. Please, don’t explode. Please. He pulled back and looked in her eyes.

Lois stared at him for a minute and then seductively licked her lips. “We’ll just see about that.” Oh God, she was a beautiful woman.

He smacked his hand upon his forehead. “Penny!”

“Penny?”

“She came by, while you were at your appointment. Her brother got hurt and she wants to fly out to Gotham City to see him. I told her you’d come home when you got back.”

Lois raised a brow. “Oh, so the little woman…”

“Because I volunteered…” He adjusted his tie and lowered his voice. “To have you-know-who fly her over there, if she would just wait another hour.”

“Gotcha.” She patted his leg. “Hey, doesn’t her brother work at Gotham Laboratories? The same division where the computer exploded last night?”

“Yeah, I guess so. Why?”

“Because Bruce Wayne announced this morning that no one was hurt in the explosion.” She rolled her eyes. “Another reason why we can’t trust that guy. Just another rich man out to save his company over his people. Lex Luthor all over again.”
Please leave your comments here. Thank you.

Missing Lois - TOC

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.