Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A taste of Chapter 9 - Part 13...

A few minutes earlier at the Daily Planet…

Clark returned to the office after stopping that robbery at the jewelry store. Mazik’s Jewelry Store, the same one he robbed two years earlier when one of the Mazik brothers had kidnapped his parents. What a small world.

Lois was sitting at her desk. She looked drained. Tired.

He sat on the edge of her desk. “Are you all right?”

She nodded.

Clark moved a lock of hair off her forehead. “Anytime you want me there with you, you let me know.”

Lois looked up at him with such an expression of love, he cupped her jaw in his palm and kissed her. “I love you, Clark Kent,” she whispered.

He rested his head against hers. “Not as much as I love you, Lois Lane.” He winced as soon as he said it. She was going to take it the wrong way. Please, don’t explode. Please. He pulled back and looked in her eyes.

Lois stared at him for a minute and then seductively licked her lips. “We’ll just see about that.” Oh God, she was a beautiful woman.

He smacked his hand upon his forehead. “Penny!”

“Penny?”

“She came by, while you were at your appointment. Her brother got hurt and she wants to fly out to Gotham City to see him. I told her you’d come home when you got back.”

Lois raised a brow. “Oh, so the little woman…”

“Because I volunteered…” He adjusted his tie and lowered his voice. “To have you-know-who fly her over there, if she would just wait another hour.”

“Gotcha.” She patted his leg. “Hey, doesn’t her brother work at Gotham Laboratories? The same division where the computer exploded last night?”

“Yeah, I guess so. Why?”

“Because Bruce Wayne announced this morning that no one was hurt in the explosion.” She rolled her eyes. “Another reason why we can’t trust that guy. Just another rich man out to save his company over his people. Lex Luthor all over again.”
Please leave your comments here. Thank you.

Missing Lois - TOC

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Poor Jimmy!

Her relationship with Jimmy was a lost cause
But,it makes sense. Penny seems far more ambitious than Jimmy.

that blood sample overloaded the computer and crashed it
I'm afraid Penny's going to be causing a lot of trouble here. But she's trying to leave town to protect Lara - that's good.

Suddenly, through the window flew Clark. Not Superman… Clark
This can't be good!

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan: I'm glad you're still on the edge of your seat. smile1

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Columnist
Columnist
Clark is about to pull an Ozzy and bite the head off the bat isn't he?

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
Clark is about to pull an Ozzy and bite the head off the bat isn't he?
He'd try except for all that K lying around.

VirginiaR.
---
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Real FDK tomorrow. But two bits need to be said while it's really fresh on my mind blush

Sure, Lara’s awesome immunity would certainly have helped Michael’s search for a new medical salve for healing wounds.
/whispers: Matthew. Not Michael/ (before I forget wink

And
Bruce stared at her and Lara, the blood draining from his face. “The sample?”
I think someone just realized it's all fun and games until one brings Kryptonite up to Superman's baby. Then things get...messy.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks, Michael, I'll fix that. Yes, Part 12 & 13 go together. laugh What? You thinking that Bruceman just wet his pants?

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
And four times more her boss had warned Penny against dating Bruce, if he did call.
goofy

Lois explained them as a gift from Superman to Lara, when he learned their daughter was starting solid foods. Uh-huh. Right.
They’re getting careless. And why can Superman drop off bananas but not gold coins from the bottom of the ocean?

“How in the world did you get all the way in here so fast, little one?” She laughed, scooping up the little girl. “You certainly have your Daddy’s speed.”
Did you ever see The Incredibles?

“Shut up, Matthew. I need that blood sample back. ASAP. Put it in an envelope and send it overnight,” she demanded.
Oh dear. Someone’s dead.

“As a matter of fact, I was running that blood sample you sent me.”
So dead.

“No, it’s not. Send it to me or I’ll tell Mom what really happened to her car on prom night.”
goofy It got a little blood stain on the back seat and he torched it to prevent his parents from learning about it?

“Hello, Penny. I’ve been meaning to call you,” a new voice said.

“Who is this?” she asked as a chill passed down her spine.

“Bruce Wayne, dear.”
Oh dear.

“Of course, Penny. Now, Matthew, here, was telling me you sent the blood sample that crashed my biomedical computer. Where did you get it?”
Oh dear. Oh dear.

Maybe Lois hadn’t lied to her? Maybe she didn’t know that Superman had had a child with another woman.
Ooooooh! There’s a thought.

What if Lois had kicked him out, when she learned the truth about Lara?
Hey, look! She got it 97% right.

“Jimmy, have you ever seen Superman mad?” Penny asked, noticing she was chewing on her nails.
laugh

If she keeps this up, she’ll be flying next.”
clap

he had no idea where she should go. China? It was a huge country and she knew the language. She could dye her hair, so she didn’t stick out. Yes, that could work.
A little paranoid, are we? Then again…

Lara placed her hand to Penny’s face. She was always doing that.
Well, yeah. It’s not Lara’s fault that Penny’s deaf.

Penny gulped. A ride with Superman? No thanks. Too many opportunities to be dropped from 20,000 feet.
laugh

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
There was a knock at the door. Finally! She opened the door. Instead of finding Lois on the other side, she found Bruce Wayne.
Oops.

“I’m at work. I can’t let you in here,” she said, stepping into the hall. She shut the door behind her. Then she held up her hand. “I’m not allowed to have guests.”

Bruce took her hand and kissed it. “Still as beautiful as I remembered.”
/gets a Lex Luthor vibe/

“I admit I wanted to see you again. I didn’t call because you are still dating that pup photographer and it would be wrong to steal you away from him.”
eek

For some reason Bruce sneered at the word ‘frown.’
laugh

“I’m working on my image, you know.”

“It looks good from where I’m standing,” she whispered. Oh, God, had she said that out loud.

Bruce’s smile turned into a grin. “I’ve got quite a nice view, myself.” He took a step closer to her.
Oh dear. Oh dear.

Penny took his hand. It felt warm, but rough. “Your hands are rough,” she said looking more closely at him, at his hand in hers.
/is reminded of Leia and Han on the Falcon/ So, does Penny like scoundrels?

Bruce actually seemed uncomfortable by this change of subject. “I rock climb.”
Uh-huh. Concrete walls could be classified as ‘rock’.

“I’m a better man.”
“I *am* a nice guy.”

Time for another approach. She took a step back and held out her arms. “You want access to this, I need that blood sample back.”
goofy

He started playing with his pinky ring.
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: wave

Snob.
Some women just don't know a good man in front of them even when hit by a 2x4 (My barbie of a sister, very much in this catagory). The grass is always greener on the superhero highway.

Actually, Penny’s far more of a skank than canon-Lois, come to think of it…
Neither are a skank. Penny's just ready to move on. When there are no fireworks...

Did she just contradict her earlier statement?
When one isn't 100% positive, one is likey to contradict oneself.

I hear they have another one in New York. Although, he’s a bit worse off than Jimmy, money-wise.
He is a bit Jimmy-esque in a lot of ways though.

Which would also be in the nanny’s job description. You know, ‘keep eye on kid’.
clap Yep, right there. Page 1, paragraph 1.

“Penny?” -> How to scare the nanny 101. Actually, if Clark flew inside and replayed a recording just in time…
Hhhmmm. L&C need to invest in nanny-cam? But if you don't trust your nanny enough to buy a nanny cam, time to get a new nanny.

They’re getting careless. And why can Superman drop off bananas but not gold coins from the bottom of the ocean?
Why would Lara want gold coins from the bottom of the ocean?

Did you ever see The Incredibles?
I thought of adding a scene (if Incredibles had come out 5ish years earlier) about Perry forcing L&C to take a night off and review that new movie about a superhero family (since who better to review a kids movie about superheros than the DP's resident Superman experts with a new baby). Then when they get to the scene where baby is with the babysitter (this being the first night Lara would be with a babysitter), Clark freaks and bolts home. clap But sadly, Incredibles came out too many years too late, so this scene ended on the cutting room floor of my mind.

It got a little blood stain on the back seat and he torched it to prevent his parents from learning about it?
That works. I was thinking about him drinking and driving myself.

She got it 97% right.
Soooo Close.

A little paranoid, are we? Then again…
Just because you're a little paranoid, doesn't mean someone's not out to get you.

Well, yeah. It’s not Lara’s fault that Penny’s deaf.
clap

/gets a Lex Luthor vibe/
Which works perfectly if you know Bruce isn't trying to be a good guy. Lex never tried that (at least, not on this show.)

/is reminded of Leia and Han on the Falcon/ So, does Penny like scoundrels?
huh since you downloaded that new security software, I haven't had access to your thoughts.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The grass is always greener on the superhero highway.
laugh

Neither are a skank. Penny's just ready to move on. When there are no fireworks...
Relative terms. Since canon Lois was titled as such wink

Hhhmmm. L&C need to invest in nanny-cam? But if you don't trust your nanny enough to buy a nanny cam, time to get a new nanny.
laugh

Why would Lara want gold coins from the bottom of the ocean?
General speaking. Also, money required for college education.

But sadly, Incredibles came out too many years too late, so this scene ended on the cutting room floor of my mind.
wave Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard