There was a knock at the door. Finally! She opened the door. Instead of finding Lois on the other side, she found Bruce Wayne.
Oops.

“I’m at work. I can’t let you in here,” she said, stepping into the hall. She shut the door behind her. Then she held up her hand. “I’m not allowed to have guests.”

Bruce took her hand and kissed it. “Still as beautiful as I remembered.”
/gets a Lex Luthor vibe/

“I admit I wanted to see you again. I didn’t call because you are still dating that pup photographer and it would be wrong to steal you away from him.”
eek

For some reason Bruce sneered at the word ‘frown.’
laugh

“I’m working on my image, you know.”

“It looks good from where I’m standing,” she whispered. Oh, God, had she said that out loud.

Bruce’s smile turned into a grin. “I’ve got quite a nice view, myself.” He took a step closer to her.
Oh dear. Oh dear.

Penny took his hand. It felt warm, but rough. “Your hands are rough,” she said looking more closely at him, at his hand in hers.
/is reminded of Leia and Han on the Falcon/ So, does Penny like scoundrels?

Bruce actually seemed uncomfortable by this change of subject. “I rock climb.”
Uh-huh. Concrete walls could be classified as ‘rock’.

“I’m a better man.”
“I *am* a nice guy.”

Time for another approach. She took a step back and held out her arms. “You want access to this, I need that blood sample back.”
goofy

He started playing with his pinky ring.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.