A taste of Chapter 9, Part 2...

“Did you find anything interesting on your self-guided tour?” Bruce Wayne asked her in the limo.

Jimmy looked out the window a little too innocently. Had he told Bruce that she was snooping? Probably. Had Jimmy really thought that she liked that Bruce had had his hands all over her? She was sure that would be the story Clark was going to hear. She shook her head.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about. I met one of your employees, Margarite, in the restroom and we got to talking. I liked her.”

He grinned. “Margarite. Now, there’s a beautiful woman. I should have introduced you, Jimmy. I’m sure you two would have hit it off. My lawyers have asked that I make it a rule never to date at the office. It saves me the expense of replacing employees and sexual harassment lawsuits.”

Lois watched him. Was Bruce acting like a scuzzbucket on purpose? Everything that Margarite had said about him made her think today’s interview was some giant act. But for what purpose? “Jimmy does well enough on his own.”

Jimmy grinned. “Hey, no harm in friendly introductions, Lois. I’m still single, officially. My girlfriend is going to be Lois and CK’s new nanny while she goes to graduate school.”

Lois’s jaw dropped. What in the world had gotten into Jimmy? He might be mad at her, but that was no reason to go dropping information to an interviewee about her and Clark’s personal life.

“We haven’t made any decisions yet, Jimmy.” She glared at him.

This seemed to interest Bruce. He leaned towards her. “So, you do have children, Lois. I would have thought with your busy and dangerous careers…”

“You had an interesting childhood yourself, Bruce. Lost your parents at an early age, sent to boarding school, college, and then headed off on a grand tour. Where did you go?”

“Shall I send you one of my biographies?” he asked, repressing a yawn.

“The last man who said that to me was Lex Luthor. How would you say your life compares to his?” Two could tango.
Please post feedback here. Thank you.

Missing Lois - TOC

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.