Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A taste of Chapter 9, Part 2...

“Did you find anything interesting on your self-guided tour?” Bruce Wayne asked her in the limo.

Jimmy looked out the window a little too innocently. Had he told Bruce that she was snooping? Probably. Had Jimmy really thought that she liked that Bruce had had his hands all over her? She was sure that would be the story Clark was going to hear. She shook her head.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about. I met one of your employees, Margarite, in the restroom and we got to talking. I liked her.”

He grinned. “Margarite. Now, there’s a beautiful woman. I should have introduced you, Jimmy. I’m sure you two would have hit it off. My lawyers have asked that I make it a rule never to date at the office. It saves me the expense of replacing employees and sexual harassment lawsuits.”

Lois watched him. Was Bruce acting like a scuzzbucket on purpose? Everything that Margarite had said about him made her think today’s interview was some giant act. But for what purpose? “Jimmy does well enough on his own.”

Jimmy grinned. “Hey, no harm in friendly introductions, Lois. I’m still single, officially. My girlfriend is going to be Lois and CK’s new nanny while she goes to graduate school.”

Lois’s jaw dropped. What in the world had gotten into Jimmy? He might be mad at her, but that was no reason to go dropping information to an interviewee about her and Clark’s personal life.

“We haven’t made any decisions yet, Jimmy.” She glared at him.

This seemed to interest Bruce. He leaned towards her. “So, you do have children, Lois. I would have thought with your busy and dangerous careers…”

“You had an interesting childhood yourself, Bruce. Lost your parents at an early age, sent to boarding school, college, and then headed off on a grand tour. Where did you go?”

“Shall I send you one of my biographies?” he asked, repressing a yawn.

“The last man who said that to me was Lex Luthor. How would you say your life compares to his?” Two could tango.
Please post feedback here. Thank you.

Missing Lois - TOC

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Online Content
Merriwether
S
Oh boy! Penny's figured it out but poor Jimmy hasn't!

And Bruce Wayne isn't making life any easier for Lois.

Joan

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
It's only fair to chime in a say that I've been following this story since the beginning and have enjoyed it.
It is a well-written and well paced long story.

I have to say that I'm a bit confused as to why Lois is so against telling Clark that she had spent the past year in the other dimension and that Lara is there biological child. I know she's afraid of him 'finding out' about her indiscretion, but just admitting that she was hiding out in the alt dimension while a younger version of herself was 'holding her place' while she was having Lara does not mean that Clark needs to find out about Clark. (Even though we all think that eventually he will)

Also, it's well known that I don't like Jimmy. I think he is a pretty lame character, but he is supposed to be one of their best friends. Why would Lois and Clark let him hang with such a 'wrong' impression of Lois. Tell him the truth, it's obvious that Penny knows already anyway.

Over all, I really am enjoying this tale and look forward to the frequent posting of the next instalment.

BTW: I am curious as to how the altLois/Ultrawoman is doing.

Tank (who is willing to take Lois if Clark dumps her when he finds out that Lois was unfaithful... but Clark gets to keep Lara)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan: laugh Jimmy's always been a little obtuse...<<cough, cough>> slow on the uptake. wink Why would Bruce want to make Lois's life easier, again? It was my understanding that Bruce Wayne/Batman is a little socially... well, shall we say 'awkward'?

Tank: I'm so glad you are still enjoying my story. I am humbled by your generous compliments. Thank you. blush

I have to say that I'm a bit confused as to why Lois is so against telling Clark that she had spent the past year in the other dimension and that Lara is there biological child. I know she's afraid of him 'finding out' about her indiscretion, but just admitting that she was hiding out in the alt dimension while a younger version of herself was 'holding her place' while she was having Lara does not mean that Clark needs to find out about Clark.
Lois has spent the last year of her life lying to everyone (except her immediate alt-family). She's been holding tightly onto her control, she isn't quite sure how to relax and let go of it. A part of her feels if she lets go of this control everything will escape, even the stuff she doesn't want to reveal. She's scared about losing Clark because of her big mistake. And even though the offer from Tank is very, very tempting, she really wants her marriage to Clark to work, since he is her soul mate, father of her child (whom she really does love) and all. wink Lois just wants to put it all behind her and move on with her life like it never happened.

Also, it's well known that I don't like Jimmy. I think he is a pretty lame character, but he is supposed to be one of their best friends. Why would Lois and Clark let him hang with such a 'wrong' impression of Lois. Tell him the truth, it's obvious that Penny knows already anyway.
Why haven't they told Jimmy? Hhhmmm. Canon Clark really isn't all about the reveal, is he? He prefers if someone learns about his super-status, they do so naturally (by figuring it out on their own). Clark never admitted to Penny that her guess was correct, either. Please, remember it still has only been less than 24 hours since Jimmy saw Lois push Superman onto the desk. They haven't yet figured out what to do about it, yet.

BTW: I am curious as to how the altLois/Ultrawoman is doing.
Gee, I better get working on my sequel... "The Further Adventures of Superman and Ultra Woman"... I'm almost done writing the sequel to Green-Eyed Monster. So, I guess I have something new to work on when I finish that.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So, we shall not be cruel during FDK? Not even to the characters?

Which Clark – in her mind – had she been kissing? Did she even know?
Oh boy.

“You working late tonight?” Jimmy asked. He seemed stiff. Uncomfortable. Was he? Or was she just imagining it?
Yeah. Bad conscience, and all that.

Jimmy raised a brow. “Who else, indeed?”
Oh boy.

“Maybe he doesn’t trust you. Bruce Wayne is rumored to be sophisticated and handsome. Perhaps Clark’s afraid you might get swept away by his charm.”
Jimmy! Superman’s not like a common playboy. He’s just…well built.

Lois closed her eyes. “Of course, Clark trusts me. Why wouldn’t he?” If Jimmy saw something, they might as well get it out in the open tonight.

“Should he?” Jimmy asked.
Oh boy.

“Do you, really, Lois? You have a funny way of showing it.” Jimmy looked at her like she was garbage, then walked over to the stairwell.
Oh boy. Oh boy.

Lois bit her bottom lip as a tear crept down her cheek. She picked up her stapler and threw it at the boombox, silencing Elvis forever.
Oh boy. Oh boy. Oh boy.

Oh, God. Poor CK. How would he ever be able to tell him? The man looked like he had already been slashed through the heart. Had he seen what his wife had done?
Oh boy. Oh boy. Oh boy. Oh boy.

Jimmy’s eyes flashed to hers. She knew. Oh, thank God, he could talk to someone about this. “I can’t believe she cheated on CK.”

“No, she didn’t, Jimmy,” Penny stated.
Oooooooooh! She knows.

“She would no more cheat on Clark than Psyche would cheat on her husband.”
Should probably go check it out on wiki..

“You saw the lie, Jimmy. Not the truth.”

“No, I think I saw the truth for the first time, just now.”
/shakes head/

Penny turned him around and made him face his friends in the newsroom. Clark was holding Lois, comforting her. “That, Jimmy. That’s the truth.”
Awwwwwww

Jimmy pointed at them. “She kissed Superman, Penny. More than kissed him. You cannot excuse that.”

“Yes, well… That was a mistake.”
goofy

“Wait. Are you saying that Lois Lane thinks CK is really Superman?” He laughed as she shrugged. “Oh. You’re funny, Penny.” Then her words sunk in. “You don’t still want to kiss him, do you?”
Oh, Jimmy!

She shook her head. “No. I’m over him. Anyway, I only date single men.” She smiled at him.

“What? Superman’s married?” He laughed. “Like he could keep that a secret. You’re a riot.”

Penny patted his cheek.
goofy

“I can’t believe you did that to CK,” he murmured.
”What? I was frisky and he was there. It’s not my fault you where too late.”

“Everyone needs an escape every once in a while.” Bruce Wayne shrugged. “I can’t be serious all the time. What’s the fun in that?” He held up a quarter. “Want to take her for a spin, Jimmy?”
So, occupy the kid, then get down to business?

“Do you get your fingers dirty?”

“Excuse me?” She had caught him off guard with that question. He sat up.
hyper

Lois found the restroom and walked on past it. She closed her eyes and listened as she passed office after office.
Bet he wasn’t expecting that one.

What would Wayne Enterprises need with zippers and Kevlar?
Huh. Now what for indeed.

“He’s particular,” the woman said, leaning against the counter.
She knows something?

“I have nothing to hide and neither does Mr. Wayne.”
Huh.

Fun interview, Virginia! So different from Lex wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: If you aren't cruel to the characters during FDK, what would there be to read? wink

Jimmy! Superman’s not like a common playboy. He’s just…well built.
Yeah, Jimmy! Superman's just in love one woman. It doesn't matter that she's married to that mild-mannered reporter dude.

Should probably go check it out on wiki..
You could. Or have paitence, grasshopper. wink Sorry, Classics Major. One of my favorite stories. Let's say, it's the basis for the Beauty and Beast tale. You may have noticed my fairy tale theme floating through my story.

So, Superman dangling Jimmy like he did Dillinger?
Yeah, Superman dangling Jimmy. THAT will really make Jimmy think he was mistaken by what he saw.

Does he know?
Clark - he thinks he does. Bruce - just fishing.

Batman came back in the scene break between 8-12 and 8-13?
Clark's referring to the incident at the bank, which he failed to mention to his wife. And Clark NEVER wants Lois to hang out with strange, rich, charming men, even if that is her job.

”What? I was frisky and he was there. It’s not my fault you where too late.”
rotflol You forgot to mention Penny in the hall for the three-some.

So, occupy the kid, then get down to business?
Bruce wanted to talk to Lois alone. Something wrong with that? wink

He knows.
EVERYONE KNOWS that Superman likes Lois. It's well... Duh! Does Bruce know WHO Superman is when the blue tights are off... not so much. As I said... fishing.

Bet he wasn’t expecting that one.
If one has improved hearing due to some super blood in their system, why not use it to do their job better, right? And you wanted her to be UW! Pah! This is more challenging. Also, do you think BW would have survived, if Lois had been 100% UW?

She knows something?
His assistant? She's gorgeous, well-traveled, and smart... so, of course, she must also be blind, right? wink

Fun interview, Virginia! So different from Lex
That wasn't the whole interview... just the beginning.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
If you aren't cruel to the characters during FDK, what would there be to read?
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard