Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Chapter 7, Part 4...

Pregnant Lois’s home dimension…

Clark climbed out of bed and was in his blue suit and out the window headed for Smallville ten seconds later. Before the minute was up, he was unlocking his parents’ front door and taking the other Lois’s suicide note down from where his Mom had placed it between the jars of pasta. He had to read it again.

Lucy has gotten so huge, I’ve had to take over her job at The Planet. Clark said that she didn’t really show until after her sixth month, then boom! Clark loves that baby so much, it breaks my heart when he looks at her. Does he wish Lucy’s and Kal’s child was his own or is he just paranoid that something will happen, complications that we can’t handle? Only Lucy shows no fear. She said that if I could beat the curse, so can she.

Clark sat down at the kitchen table and set his head in his hands. Lucy El was the woman he made love to before he left for New Krypton – his Lois. Oh my God! He had spoken with Lucy El on the phone. And she knew all about Superman and Kal-El’s wife. Why hadn’t he seen it before? Why hadn’t he recognized Lois’s voice? Could it really be true? Was there a Lois out there somewhere, pregnant with his child? Was he about to become a father? Or was he just fantasizing again about that pregnant dream Lois?

Clark didn’t know how long he sat there before his folks walked in.

“Clark?! What are you doing here, son?”

“Mom, is Lois living in the other dimension with the other Clark? Is she Lucy?”

His Mom hugged him. “Oh, Clark.”

“That’s ridiculous!” His folks spoke at the same time. “You figured it out.”

His Dad turned to his Mom. “What?”

His Mom sat down next to Clark and took hold of his hand.

“I had this weird dream where Lois kept morphing into all these different versions of herself.” Clark shook his head. “Tell me everything from the beginning.”
Please post your feedback here. Thank you.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 02/08/15 08:33 PM. Reason: Fix Broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.