Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Chapter 7, Part 4...

Pregnant Lois’s home dimension…

Clark climbed out of bed and was in his blue suit and out the window headed for Smallville ten seconds later. Before the minute was up, he was unlocking his parents’ front door and taking the other Lois’s suicide note down from where his Mom had placed it between the jars of pasta. He had to read it again.

Lucy has gotten so huge, I’ve had to take over her job at The Planet. Clark said that she didn’t really show until after her sixth month, then boom! Clark loves that baby so much, it breaks my heart when he looks at her. Does he wish Lucy’s and Kal’s child was his own or is he just paranoid that something will happen, complications that we can’t handle? Only Lucy shows no fear. She said that if I could beat the curse, so can she.

Clark sat down at the kitchen table and set his head in his hands. Lucy El was the woman he made love to before he left for New Krypton – his Lois. Oh my God! He had spoken with Lucy El on the phone. And she knew all about Superman and Kal-El’s wife. Why hadn’t he seen it before? Why hadn’t he recognized Lois’s voice? Could it really be true? Was there a Lois out there somewhere, pregnant with his child? Was he about to become a father? Or was he just fantasizing again about that pregnant dream Lois?

Clark didn’t know how long he sat there before his folks walked in.

“Clark?! What are you doing here, son?”

“Mom, is Lois living in the other dimension with the other Clark? Is she Lucy?”

His Mom hugged him. “Oh, Clark.”

“That’s ridiculous!” His folks spoke at the same time. “You figured it out.”

His Dad turned to his Mom. “What?”

His Mom sat down next to Clark and took hold of his hand.

“I had this weird dream where Lois kept morphing into all these different versions of herself.” Clark shook his head. “Tell me everything from the beginning.”
Please post your feedback here. Thank you.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 02/08/15 08:33 PM. Reason: Fix Broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
I
Blogger
Blogger
I
What a roller-coaster !! With Perry- Lois conversation and with CanonClark. And Lois knowing Clark's name was a bit surprise. No wonder she kept waiting for him to rescue her.
I enjoy this story more and more. Can't wait for next part.

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I knew Perry would figure out that Lois wasn't dead.

Very clever Clark:

“Chief, I used to love Lois Lane, but the woman she used to be is gone. Now, I’m head over heels in love with Ultra Woman. If ever there was a destiny for me, she’s it. Does that clear things up for you, Perry?”
Go Perry hyper

“You know, Lois, if I didn’t know better, I’d say you were Ultra Woman.”
Our Clark finally figured it out!! jump

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
immery: Glad you are enjoying the ride. hyper Grab your dramamine, we're on the way back up... Alt-Lois's subconscience remembered Clark's name better than she did. She knew she knew him, but couldn't remember how.

Joan: Yep. Can't slip one past Perry. laugh He now knows. And so does canon Clark.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“I know I failed miserably with Mayson, but I’ve learned tons about this persona since then. I can do this.”
Okay?

Clark shrugged. “Oh, well. Maybe, it’s best he knows that you’re alive as he’s one of your best friends.”
*G*

He greeted them each with a hug and then he went to the stereo in the corner and turned on Elvis.
Ooooh, listening device protection?

Perry didn’t hug people and he despised people who hugged as a greeting. Clark shifted uncomfortably in his chair. Great. Elvis, too. What was the Mayor up to?
Huh…

/rewind/

He greeted them each with a hug and then he went to the stereo in the corner and turned on Elvis.
Oooooh, very clever!

Perry didn’t hug people and he despised people who hugged as a greeting. Clark shifted uncomfortably in his chair. Great. Elvis, too. What was the Mayor up to?
And even more clever!

“Rough week. Rough week.” Perry sighed, heading over to his rollaway bar and pouring three Scotches.
I didn’t even notice at first! Extremely clever!

He handed one to Clark, offered one to Lois, but when she turned him down, he took the other two to his desk.
Someone’s paying attention! Not that I realized why at first blush

“Clark, did I ever tell you why I hired you at the Daily Planet?”
Oooooh! This I got!

“It was about an attempted gang rape she had witnessed on Mid West U’s campus by some drunken frat boys, who hadn’t liked the girl’s Met U sweatshirt.”
Wow. She actually wrote it as an observer. But Perry put 2 and 2 together?

“Thank you, Perry. I always wondered what happened to her.” He set his glass on Perry’s desk.
Clark. You can still lie while not saying a word…

but I can’t do that, now can I, Lucy?” It was the first time Perry had acknowledged her since he had greeted them.
Wow. But, since Lois was only the witness, wouldn’t that still hold true? Lois was the one who tried to pitch the story. Lucy was the one befriending Clark. And they never met. Works perfectly.

The terrible story that Gareth could not repeat? Clark’s jaw dropped. “You’re the Lucy from Mid West? Not Lois? She really was named Lucy?”
Okay, now I’m confused. Unless, Clark’s playing an act, isn’t he? Which would still be odd, since Lucy had supposedly tracked him down. Only, Clark doesn’t know that she had told that to Gareth. Oh dear.

Lois wiped her cheeks again and took the Scotch glass out of his hand. “Game’s up, Clark.” She took a sip.
laugh

“No, Lois!” Perry slammed his hand on the desk. “You should have known better than to try to fool your old Memphis editor into thinking you were dead.”
Oh boy.

“What, other than the fact that my arms go around you when we hug?
Ooooh, clever.

“I could have given him ‘Superman Flies In a Plane For The First Time’, too.”
Ooooooh! goofy

“I’d hate for a rumor like that to get out.” Lois chuckled, picking up the Scotch glass that she used. She notched down her glasses, held up the glass in front of her and with her heat vision cleaned the outside of the glass of her fingerprints and lip prints.
Wow. She is like those evil master schemers you see in the movies. Telling you everything while they’re setting you up for the fall. Only, she’s more…slippery.

She set the Scotch glass down on the corner of the bar, where it dropped on the floor, breaking into pieces. “Ooops.”
Why break it? Because of her fingers touching the bottom?

But you didn’t react the way Clark did when I turned on the Elvis music just now.”
clap

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Excuse me?” Her brows came together.

“Superman and Ultra Woman made out for the first time to Elvis at my party, so when he hears it, it makes him think of her… romantically. He mentioned that back at Thanksgiving.”

Lois ran her tongue over her teeth with a sneer. “Is that so?”
Oh boy. Oh boy. Oh boy.

He’s the love of my life and after being with him, I could never even look at another man.
Wow. From Hurricane to Calm in one big boom.

And knowing that she was there first, burns me up inside. Infuriates me to no end.
Oh boy.

Well, good thing Lois Lane is dead. I can move on with my life as Kal-El’s wife, Lucy.” She took her champagne glass and threw it into the fireplace, shattering it.
So, how much of that is acting and cleaning up and how much is anger?

Perry stared at the second broken glass. “Oh, my God. Ultra Woman’s reaction when I mentioned the Mid West article at your funeral.”
? What did he imply now? That Ultra Woman is jealous of Lucy?

Perry turned to retrieve the story off his desk, but it wasn’t there. He looked on the floor and in the envelope, but it was gone. “Where’s the story?”

“What story?” she asked, innocently.
Ooooooooh!

“I have no idea what you’re talking about, Perry. I never wrote such a story. I told you the story, just like I told Gareth McTinney.”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: Catching up!

I didn’t even notice at first! Extremely clever!
And he can yodel too.

Wow. She actually wrote it as an observer. But Perry put 2 and 2 together?
Yodel-la-who!

Clark. You can still lie while not saying a word…
He didn't lie.

Okay, now I’m confused. Unless, Clark’s playing an act, isn’t he? Which would still be odd, since Lucy had supposedly tracked him down. Only, Clark doesn’t know that she had told that to Gareth. Oh dear.
Just a bit of play acting. They were... <<cough>> distracted... to discuss the whole letterman jacket thing.

Perry doesn’t *know*.
The only people who know UW's secret identity at this point: Lucy, Alt-Lois (duh!), Sam, CK, Kal, Martha.

Well, he *is* a bit of a heel.
Just figuring that out, are you?

Does she really mean invincible or should this be invulnerable? Not that invincible wouldn’t be an expected and accepted self-description by Ultra Woman.
She's still learning.

Why break it? Because of her fingers touching the bottom?
She realized they might be able to pick up her DNA from the reminents inside the glass.

Wow. Front Hurricane to Calm in one big boom.
Eye of the storm?

So, how much of that is acting and cleaning up and how much is anger?
20/30/50.

What did he imply now? That Ultra Woman is jealous of Lucy?
That LL=UW

Wow. She destroyed any evidence that Lucy ever held a glass. That they even used three glasses. Some just got accidently broken. And Perry’s completely left to dangle in the wind. She is an E.V.I.L. princess!
Tempus would be so proud.

So, will he doubt his mind now, or will he finally know the truth?
She told him that he was right, but did he catch the hint?

Clark really needs to learn to accommodate Lucy’s wilder side.
It's still early in their relationship.

He really should have helped them become guards at the sultans harem in front of Lois. That would have shown her that they won’t do anything…not nice… any more.
Right and dismembering people in front of her would have gone a long way in comforting the co-ed who didn't know him from Adam.

Hey, it just did a DNA comparison. But he’s right. Jimmy’s a whole 2% more likely to be Superman than a cockroach is. Or is it a mouse?
A reporter?

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Catching up!
hyper

She told him that he was right, but did he catch the hint?
So clever!

Right and dismembering people in front of her would have gone a long way in comforting the co-ed who didn't know him from Adam.
/shrugs/ All he would have done is punished them in front of her. Why would he do that if he wanted to harm her?

wave Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard