whinging whinging

The pure pain and anguish that Clark felt and still feels 6 months after Lois and his son's death has sent me reeling.

I don't agree with the others readers. You handled it well.

I could see Clark placating his parents, telling everyone and himself he was ready to go back to work, only to have everything spiral out of control again. The Daily Planet is where he and Lois met and fell in love.

After all Clark was the king of misdirection, so I could see him being in so much pain that he pulled the wool over even his parents' eyes.

If ever there was a reason that CK/S would commit suicide, this was it. All the events leading up to him actually drinking the K show that he wanted to be saved, that he wanted them to stop him, otherwise, he would have flown up to the Arctic to drink his K. He wouldn't have been so out and open to everyone who he knew and loved. It was a cry for help, but how does someone help a suicidal Superman?

If ever you wanted to placate your readers, you could always change the story in which this turns out to be Lois's nightmare. (a horrible plot device I know) She awakes, round with pregnancy and with Clark asleep next to him. I see her waking him up and making him promise that should anything ever happen to her and the baby, he would never harm himself. (I can turn any story into a happily ever after.)

This was very moving and I should have known what I was getting myself into with your WHAM warning. whinging Now I need to go read something light and fluffy to cheer myself up. Really, Mouserocks, this was terrific. I'm glad you are no longer feeling this despair, this distraught.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.