As one of the few people to have written a Clark-suicide-fic and allowed to live: Martha and Jonathan don't feel right here. Of all people they should know what their son is going through - losing his wife and child because he was different. They should have been worried about him taking a drastic and self-destructive action. One of them would have been there to help him through, to keep an eye on him, to talk to him.

I could excuse them not being there if Clark had taken pains to make sure they believed he was okay, if enough time had passed so that they thought the danger was over. But if that was in this story, I didn't catch it.

And Clark allowing himself to die in their presence - I'm sorry but that's just mean. Clark is supposed to be a smart and thoughtful guy. He would have made sure he was where his friends and family wouldn't have to watch him die. He wouldn't want them to remember him that way.

There were some good points - Jimmy stepping up and handling things worked nicely. Perry being smart enough to figure it all out.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm