Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Chapter 5, Part 6...

Clark glanced over at Lucy. She had this secretive smile on her face all afternoon and he was worried she was up to something. Why did everyone always keep secrets from him? He shook his head and tried once again to focus on his article.

His phone rang. “Clark Kent.”

Mr. Kent, it’s Security downstairs. A gorgeous woman is on her way up to see you. We couldn’t stop her. She just stormed her way past us.

Clark chuckled. ‘Great. Another fan. This time gorgeous. Sometimes, I hate my alter ego’, he thought with a sarcastic smile, but this should be an interesting distraction from thinking about Lois. “It’s fine. Thanks for the warning.”

Lucy stood up and took some papers over to Cat for review. He couldn’t take his eyes off her. What was that sneaky wench up to?

“Clark Kent! Where the hell are you?” A voice screamed over the newsroom. Maybe it wasn’t a fan after all. The newsroom fell quiet as the woman stormed across the bullpen.

“Lois,” Clark gasped, focusing his attention on the woman bearing down on a scrawny copyboy with glasses. Only this Lois had her sight back. That was what Lucy had been grinning about.

“Oh, crap,” he heard Lucy whisper. “She got loose.”

Now that she could see, would Lois start to notice all the things that he and Superman had in common? Dark hair, dark eyes, same height, that everyone else knew that they were the same person? Or would these frames actually fool her like they had Kal’s Lois? How long would he be able to continue to see her. Once she realized the truth that Clark Kent and Superman were the same person, would he be able to keep himself away from her – without this disguise to hide behind? Would he be able to resist her as he knew Superman should? Would she still want him?
Many thanks to my wonderful and thorough Beta Readers! clap

Please post feedback here. Thank you.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 01/12/15 04:30 PM. Reason: Fix Broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.