Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Chapter 5, Part 6...

Clark glanced over at Lucy. She had this secretive smile on her face all afternoon and he was worried she was up to something. Why did everyone always keep secrets from him? He shook his head and tried once again to focus on his article.

His phone rang. “Clark Kent.”

Mr. Kent, it’s Security downstairs. A gorgeous woman is on her way up to see you. We couldn’t stop her. She just stormed her way past us.

Clark chuckled. ‘Great. Another fan. This time gorgeous. Sometimes, I hate my alter ego’, he thought with a sarcastic smile, but this should be an interesting distraction from thinking about Lois. “It’s fine. Thanks for the warning.”

Lucy stood up and took some papers over to Cat for review. He couldn’t take his eyes off her. What was that sneaky wench up to?

“Clark Kent! Where the hell are you?” A voice screamed over the newsroom. Maybe it wasn’t a fan after all. The newsroom fell quiet as the woman stormed across the bullpen.

“Lois,” Clark gasped, focusing his attention on the woman bearing down on a scrawny copyboy with glasses. Only this Lois had her sight back. That was what Lucy had been grinning about.

“Oh, crap,” he heard Lucy whisper. “She got loose.”

Now that she could see, would Lois start to notice all the things that he and Superman had in common? Dark hair, dark eyes, same height, that everyone else knew that they were the same person? Or would these frames actually fool her like they had Kal’s Lois? How long would he be able to continue to see her. Once she realized the truth that Clark Kent and Superman were the same person, would he be able to keep himself away from her – without this disguise to hide behind? Would he be able to resist her as he knew Superman should? Would she still want him?
Many thanks to my wonderful and thorough Beta Readers! clap

Please post feedback here. Thank you.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 01/12/15 04:30 PM. Reason: Fix Broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I'm curious about this too. How did Clark's article help trigger Lois' memory gain?

But she still didn’t understand how she reading his articles and seeing his name had helped her get her memories back.
This exchange made me laugh:

“So, what did you think of Clark, Princess?” her father asked, sitting down next to her. He sounded almost sardonic.

“Does he always disappear like that?”

Lucy chuckled. “You have no idea.”
And this too:

“You’d be surprised what a pair of glasses can hide,” Lucy replied, pushing her own glasses up her nose.
Joan

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This connection she felt with Clark Kent was because of her old crush, Lois told herself. That was all. It didn’t mean anything. It couldn’t; Lois liked Mr. Amazing.
So, we got more fun with potential serial monogamizing.

“When I have my bearings back I’ll expect you to treat me like everyone else.”
So, no locking her up in an Ivory Tower? Or is that 'with Ivory Tower'?

“Oh, Clark. Flattery used to get you everything, but not anymore.”
She *is* fun.

“But I might make an exception for you.”

“Lois!” That was her father. She had forgotten he was there.
clap

Lois wouldn’t want Superman to get jealous of Clark. Would he? Hmmm. That might be a way to get him to pay more attention to her.
So, sleep with Clark to get Superman's attention?

It helped me remember things.” She snickered. “They even made Lex wear this silly helmet to protect him from the ‘Whammy.’ A couple of doses of that thing and I was me again. Oh, that pissed Lex off.
clap She's adorable!

I’ll never forget what he said, ‘Goddamn it! Not Clark Kent!’ I don’t know what Clark did, but it sure set Lex off.
clap

He kept repeating to them, ‘It’s temporary, right? I want it to be reversible. I don’t want her like this forever, just until I find a permanent solution.’
clap

if we can cure you by Christmas, Lois, I’ll see if I can get Superman to stop by. That’ll be all the gift you’ll need.”
Wonder if she's going to notice the similar...build... once the suits are off...

“But if he touched one hair on your head, he’s a dead man.”
/shakes head/ Poor Sam. Good thing he's never taking a liking to the bottle...

“Fine, Perry. Lucy thinks she might know how to cure my blindness,” she announced.

“Wow! Already? She’s a remarkable researcher. Clark’s lucky to have her.”
Ummm... yah...

“You’d be surprised what a pair of glasses can hide,” Lucy replied, pushing her own glasses up her nose.
clap

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan: Glad my comedy of errors humor still shines through. About Lois recognizing Clark's name... cool

Michael: Sorry, about the delay in responding to your FDK, I decided to have a bit of RL with my family. They said it was nice to see me without having to look around my computer. laugh

So, we got more fun with potential serial monogamizing.
How to drive Clark Kent crazy 101.

She *is* fun.
She *was* fun. Now, she's a one superhero gal. Or is she?

One might actually believe her. She must have told a lot of doozies when she came home in the morning smelling of beer and football team during her high-school years.
Now, Michael, this makes the assumption that Lois always had been a bit loose with her sexuality.

Wonder why. Lucy really did ruin his good name, huh?
Sam never really trusted Clark to begin with.

So, how *is* she supposed to get information? Ask anyone but her family members?
That, of course, she would do by picking up the telephone and randomly dialing "Hi, this is Lois Lane from the Daily Planet, can you tell me Superman's secret identity?" right?

So, sleep with Clark to get Superman's attention?
Does she have to sleep with Clark to get Superman's attention? Or will flirting do the trick?

images Lois going "Hi Lexy!" *twack*/
laugh

And that's from Cat-Lois. So, with whom did she shack up, then?
Okay, Lois gets dosed with Pheromones and doesn't find Lex attractive. Do you *really* think Lex will her get within 100 feet another man?

/whispers 'Leit'
/whispers back... she never saw his name spelled./

Wonder if she's going to notice the similar...build... once the suits are off...
Oh, she's that good, is she? wink

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sorry, about the delay in responding to your FDK, I decided to have a bit of RL with my family. They said it was nice to see me without having to look around my computer.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Sorry, about the delay in responding to your FDK, I decided to have a bit of RL with my family. They said it was nice to see me without having to look around my computer.

clap and confused
wink
Oh, good, you did figure out that I was just joking.

Oh dear. She's lost her edge!
Or she's being protected "for her own good"

Yes. Where's the satisfaction in that?
Flirting and teasing Clark. Always satisfying.

If he thought it doesn't work... So, did Lois go after the female attendants, then?
Oooh. Watch out, Cat! Actually, I don't know. Neither she nor Lex ever mentioned anything. Maybe? huh

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Flirting and teasing Clark. Always satisfying.
Yes, but isn't that a tad watered down type of satisfaction from what Alt-Lois is used to? Can she survive on that?

wave Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard