I grinned up at Perry--he and I had always been something of kindred spirits, the ink in our veins connecting us as closely as if we were truly related by blood.
Love the image here.

When the superhero wasn't on the screen, Clark seemed edgy and unsure, constantly glancing out the windows and jumping at small sounds.
frown

Finally, just after dinner--a dinner at which Clark ate even less than he had at breakfast or lunch--
Hopefully not from Ralph's Pagoda. That might just kill poor Clark.

Finally, even Jimmy could tell that Clark was exhausted and needed some rest, but when the kid stood to leave, Clark roused and grabbed hold of Jimmy's arm. "Don't go," he protested. "I haven't seen you in so long."
Awwwwwww! smile

The truth was, I had only been able to write the retrospective Superman article because I had learned how to do what I termed the "touchy-feely" stuff from Clark. In fact, I had written a great deal of that article by imagining what he would have said and how he would have said it.
Not such a hack, huh Lois? laugh

I allowed myself to simply watch him for a moment, stunned by the amount of protectiveness I could feel toward a single person.
Beautiful. laugh

"Well then..." I paused, suddenly realizing that in a bizarre sort of way, I was tucking him in. In all the scenarios I had dreamt up over the last two months of what we'd do if I ever saw him again, this had not even been a possibility.
rotflol I love how protective Lois is!

"Always." It was the same reply he had made when I asked if he dreamed of me, and I had the distinct impression that he considered it to be the same question
*nods* Very perspective Lois. You ARE Clark's sun...and moon...and stars...and universe...

Love it all! More please! My heart is breaking for both Lois and Clark. And I love that Jimmy is off to help them collar Luthor...but why do I get the feeling Jimmy night get into some trouble....

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon