I grinned up at Perry--he and I had always been something of kindred spirits, the ink in our veins connecting us as closely as if we were truly related by blood.
I loved this little metaphor. smile

"I've written the directions down," Clark said slowly, pulling a piece of paper out from beneath his leg. "But memorize them, Jimmy, and then burn the paper as fast as you can. And don't ever read or speak the directions out loud--you never know who's listening. And don't tell anyone where you're going. Can you do all that?"
Hmm... wonder where Clark is sending Jimmy? I would think the safest place to hide his Luthor files would be at his parents', but he's obviously not having Jimmy drive to Kansas...

"Clark, I *need* to see him."

"I know that." He placed his own hand atop mine, the weight of it sturdy and comforting, the feverish heat of it frightening. "But, Lois...I..." He withdrew his hand to run it through his hair, a nervous habit that was as familiar as it was endearing.
The Superman clone tension is working really well... there are little clues for Lois if she would see them (the way he had responded to the Superman article, for one). But, then again, Lois Lane isn't famous for putting together the clues Clark Kent lays out for her... back to the quote, though, I was almost certain Clark was about to tell her more... yet, how could he really explain, especially without his powers? Really interesting twist in angst with this story: a vulnerable Clark, with an unpredictable Superman, and watching it all from Lois' POV... really interesting, and with your writing, really emotionally compelling!

Given my cooperation, Clark didn't seem to know what to do with it.
Love it laugh

What is your deal with sunlight, anyway?"

Pulling the blankets up around himself, Clark shrugged. "I don't know all the specifics, but...it makes me feel stronger, better, more alive."
In canon, do you or anyone else remember when Lois learns about this particular Superman trait? Just wondering if it's something she should already know, and thus a clue for putting CK=S together.

Oh, and I loved this ending:
"Of course. And you...dream of the sun."

"Always." It was the same reply he had made when I asked if he dreamed of me, and I had the distinct impression that he considered it to be the same question. That should have made me uncomfortable; it should have scared me into thinking up a way to get him out of my apartment. Instead, I found myself smiling as I walked back to the living room.

I don't know why I was surprised. Clark had always had that effect on me.
A subdued chapter, but still very telling in its characterizations.... I can't wait for more! I get a little thrill every time I see a new chapter posted! smile1

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink