Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Chapter 2: The Twilight Zone Part 1

Lois awoke to the sound of murmured sounds of television. She blinked her eyes. Where was she? She looked around and realized she was at Clark’s. Then she noticed the loft. The alternate Clark’s apartment. Oh, yes, her new life. With a yawn and stretch, she walked out to the living room.

Clark was sitting on his couch watching baseball, munching on carrot sticks. The volume was low, but as soon as he saw her, he turned it off. “Sorry. Did I wake you?”

“No. It’s all right. Watch your game.” She shook her head, trying to wipe the strangest feeling out of her head. She sat down at the dining room table trying to remember that dream. Clark was there. Her Superman. She sighed. He had saved her from Lex and the clone. She closed her eyes to see if she could feel Clark’s lips pressed against hers again. This dream was so fresh, so clear.

“Are you sure you are all right?” Clark asked pulling her out of her daydream. He hadn’t turned the game back on. He sat down next to her, worried.

“I’m fine. I just had the strangest dream. Oh, it felt so real. Clark was there.” Lois realized that she was talking to Clark. “My Clark. Instead of me going all Wanda Detroit crazy, Superman rescued me. And he flew me over the clouds and away from it all.” She sighed. “Far away.”

Clark had the strangest expression on his face. Somewhere between shocked and dismayed and delighted, like he himself couldn’t decide how he felt about what she had just told him. What had she just told him? Had she said that out loud?
Hope you enjoy.

Still on the look-out for Beta Readers, if anyone is interested.

Thank you for all your kind comments on my previous posts.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 12/03/14 09:16 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.