Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Chapter 2: The Twilight Zone Part 1

Lois awoke to the sound of murmured sounds of television. She blinked her eyes. Where was she? She looked around and realized she was at Clark’s. Then she noticed the loft. The alternate Clark’s apartment. Oh, yes, her new life. With a yawn and stretch, she walked out to the living room.

Clark was sitting on his couch watching baseball, munching on carrot sticks. The volume was low, but as soon as he saw her, he turned it off. “Sorry. Did I wake you?”

“No. It’s all right. Watch your game.” She shook her head, trying to wipe the strangest feeling out of her head. She sat down at the dining room table trying to remember that dream. Clark was there. Her Superman. She sighed. He had saved her from Lex and the clone. She closed her eyes to see if she could feel Clark’s lips pressed against hers again. This dream was so fresh, so clear.

“Are you sure you are all right?” Clark asked pulling her out of her daydream. He hadn’t turned the game back on. He sat down next to her, worried.

“I’m fine. I just had the strangest dream. Oh, it felt so real. Clark was there.” Lois realized that she was talking to Clark. “My Clark. Instead of me going all Wanda Detroit crazy, Superman rescued me. And he flew me over the clouds and away from it all.” She sighed. “Far away.”

Clark had the strangest expression on his face. Somewhere between shocked and dismayed and delighted, like he himself couldn’t decide how he felt about what she had just told him. What had she just told him? Had she said that out loud?
Hope you enjoy.

Still on the look-out for Beta Readers, if anyone is interested.

Thank you for all your kind comments on my previous posts.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 12/03/14 09:16 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I didn't realize these sections were just part of one chapter. I wondered how you were going to be able to ressolve matters with one part left smile .

I like how you've used Star here. She can be annoying but dead on other times. You've set things up nicely for Clark's return with lots of questions yet to answer.

Joan

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It is getting interesting. Still with you. Post soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Intriguing part... I loved the rescue at the beginning smile Didn't we ALL wish that had happened in canon (maybe not alt-Clark rescuing a past Lois... but the basic sentiment was there!)

I like your use of Star. I rarely see her in fanfic-- in fact, I can't think of one with her in it. She can be a good comic relief. smile

Can't wait to see where you go with this!

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
So far so good. This is going to be a difficult fic to pull off what with the juggling of the two different Lois' and their being put into their separate challenges.

You've handled it quite well in the first 'chapter'.

Looking forward to seeing how our Loises handle their upcoming life changes.

Tank (who says it is too bad about the pregnancy though... never like to see Lois pregnant)

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Poor, confused, Lois!

A nice finish to Part One. Looking forward to Part Two.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thank you all for your kind comments.

I didn't realize these sections were just part of one chapter. I wondered how you were going to be able to ressolve matters with one part left.
Joan, to answer your question. I am currently working on Chapter 10, which I hope will be the final chapter (there was only supposed to be 3, but the characters just took off on me). I've just broken Chapter 2 into parts and it looks like there will be approximately 8 sections per chapter... giving you lots to read. laugh

I love the concept of Star and, yes, she will make another appearance or two in few of the other chapters. Personally, I think she was the best part of Contact, especially if you take Lois's new haircut and Clark's relationship 'fever' into account.

Another note, the scene between the Clone and Luthor (which was in Chaper 1, part 3) takes place in the afternoon instead of at night as in the show. I changed this scene because it worked better for the plotting of the 'rescue' scene.

Other than that, one minor line change (coming up in Chapter 2), and one MAJOR timeline, not plot, change in Season 4 (Chapter 3), this story works around what actually happened on the show.

Will post next section tomorrow (Tuesday) 5/3, unless giant asteroid makes me up my posting schedule. goofy

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm really enjoying this so far. You're a very professional writer and it's a lot of fun to read!

You've set up an excellent plot with a lot of drama.

I love Star! What's funny is that she's really right on, but nobody but us readers know it! She did appear in ML Thompson's recent Kerth-winning fic, "Nowhere To Run" .

I'm also really happy to learn that there are ten chapters and the chapters are long! Yay!

Here's hoping that no giant asteroid interferes with your posting schedule.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Iolanthe, you beat me to it wave

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
To update any new readers. Most chapters ended up having 10-12 parts to them (and a couple 13) totaling 109 parts (including Epilogue). I started breaking up the chapters into shorter parts after Chapter 2, because so much information was happening per part, I thought it might be easier to digest in smaller portions. I have also created a Summary / Synopsis link (which you can access easily through the Missing Lois - Table of Contents ), in case after reading a chapter you get a bad case of the huhs clap If alt-Clark accidently kidnapped Clois by mistake!

She and Clark have a happy reunion before she dies a horrible death?
Well, you never know... laugh

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You do realize the Lois in this part was entirely the Substitute Lois brought from the past, right?
Yep. Got it somewhere during/just after the dream laugh

The after marriage Lois?
So, post-wedding-post-wedding--post-honeymoon-pre-wedding Lois?

If alt-Clark accidently kidnapped Clois by mistake!
Oh dear. Also, with her 2-week lifespan, it would give a very new and interesting twist to the whole curse thing. And Clark a flashback wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard