There's something reassuring about having one person in the world who isn't fooled by my blunt personality.
This is such a great insight into Lois's character, and into Clark's, too.

I'm not sure I'd trust him this much if he showed up at my apartment claiming to have Superman's powers and asked me to go flying with him.
Tee-hee! And yet it's kind of sad, too...

We gain altitude, soaring above his rooftop and then higher still. The expression on Clark's face must be what pure joy looks like.
I love how you have the theme of flying, and how Superman said the only time he felt free was when he was flying (or did I quote that wrong?) For Clark, to lose the ability to fly, and then suddenly, to fly with Lois... you have described it perfectly.

Too late, I realize that I can't simply walk out on him if I start getting cold feet. There's no door to slam.
And that is such a great line too. Lois to a T.

"Just drop and let gravity do the rest. Trust that you can stop us. No matter how fast we fall, you're in control. All you have to do is concentrate on moving toward where the emergency is without hitting any buildings on the way. It's all about reflexes and steering. Just drop."
Gee, isn't Lois going to wonder how Clark knows all this?

The woman I rescued described me as a 'scrawny and aggressive brunette'.
smile smile smile smile smile

“You can’t play God with people’s lives, Lois. All you can do is try to help, but in the end, it’s not up to you. No matter how fast you can fly, or how strong you are, you can't save everyone.”
So very true. And it must be the thing that Superman has to say to himself over and over, so that he doesn't crack under the pressure.

Never let you fall.

"Clark?" I whisper, scarcely believing it.
What a beautiful and poetic revelation.