Very good story! I'm impressed by the familiar use (but not over-use) of psych buzzwords and terminology in this never-seen-by-anyone-else letter. This is a fairly common technique used by therapists and counselors when patients have difficulty grasping their problems. (But, of course, you already knew that!) And it's not a new development

Did you know, for example, when George McClellan, Union general commanding at Gettysburg, declined to pursue Lee's army on its way South after the battle in July of 1863, Lincoln wrote a furious letter to him - and then deliberately never sent it. He let out his feelings of impotence and frustration at the situation and put them on paper, then filed it. Dr. Friskin has done something similar here, and it's completely in character for her to have deduced what she's deduced from her patients' sessions. It's also completely in character for her to consign that knowledge to the flames, since it would indeed be a violation of her professional ethics to divulge Superman's secret identity to anyone - even to Superman himself.

Thanks for an interesting peek into her mind. It's so rewarding to have multiple points of view when looking at our favorite couple and their trials and tribulations.

I am definitely encouraged to write more, should the muse pay me another visit. (She seems to be on holiday at the moment.
That's an all-too-common lament among fiction writers of any genre, Lynn. I hope yours finds her way home soon.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing