Hello all,

"Dr. Friskin's Letter" has a very different style and tone than my other LC fanfics. While the latter were just fun bits of fluff, the former is almost more of an essay than a story. It is exposition-heavy and plot-light. I realize I could have made it more of a story by making Dr. Frisking less scrupulous, for example by turning her into a blackmailer or a stalker. But neither one felt right to me. So instead, I decided to write the story as you see it. In many ways, this story was far easier for me to write than my others; it much more closely approximates the scholarly style that I have developed over the years.

I thought it would be amusing to have a woman only be interested in Superman for his mind. Oddly enough, the only other woman who comes to my mind as relating to Superman in a normal, person-to-person manner, neither swooning over him nor plotting against him, (aside from Martha and post-season 2 Lois, of course), is his lawyer in Whine, Whine, Whine. Possibly not coincidentally, that being one of the two episodes with Dr. Friskin.

I am very new to FoLCdom, and I am not completely sure how challenges work in this fandom. In a different fandom I had been active in, it was expected that a challenger would write the first story. My next post will be to the challenge list, using "Dr. Friskin's Letter" as the opening gambit.

Oh, and incidentally, I know that Mindy Church referred to "Metropolians," but, I am not going to assume that was the official term because:
a) She was new to Metropolis and didn't necessarily know the correct term.
b) She was full-tilt into her "ditzy blonde" act when she said it, so it may have been an intentional malapropism.
c) I wouldn't consider Mindy Church to be a reliable source for anything.

My gut instinct is that "Metropolitans" is probably right; but I don't recall if the appropriate term for a resident of Metropolis was ever mentioned on the show. I hope that if it was, one of the good FoLCs reading this will enlighten me. :-)

I welcome any feedback, including suggestions for improvements. But please be gentle with the latter. Thanks. :-)

- Lynn