Bob's quote from the story, about Lois being her father's daughter as far as investigating goes, brings up another new twist in this universe: Lois doesn't have the same 'I was never good enough for you because you wanted me to be a doctor' issue that we are used to. Nor does she have the 'you abandoned us for your floozie of the month' issue. Of course, there could be other tensions--absent father issues are common in military families, for instance--but we can't assume that we know what kind of relationship this Lois has with her family. Lois, like Clark, has a different family background from the one we are used to. Also, Clark not having his parents in on the secret also means that he hasn't had years of Jonathan's 'dissect you like a frog' speech, either. Lois from a two-parent family, and Clark from a healthy foster family with siblings, makes for people we don't know as well as we might assume. We've seen a bit of how Clark is (delightfully) different. I'm assuming that we're going to see more of Lois's differences in the next story.

And yay for starting a new twist. I agree that it's refreshing to have new territory to explore. cool

This *is* my happily ever after.