I enjoy the way you have drawn out this Toni Taylor much more than in IGaCOY. She doesn't make one big power play, but instead she continually shows Johnny and all of his lietenants that she has what it takes. I love how she is inwardly terrified, but will not allow herself to duck. I also like the descriptions that you draw of the villainy in Gotham, especially the thinly veiled reference to Joker.

As for the unusual arrangement that the band can't play their own music, part of that was spelled out during Johnny's temper tantrum in part 2. He throws a fit because his contract says that they are going to make Christie sound good. (Certainly they can't play their own music very much if Christie is always approving the song list.) And Lois counters by letting him know that he is free to fire them, they'll just be successful someplace else as long as it meets their end goal of having a recording contract. I imagine that by the end of the story all five of the ladies in the Mountaintops will feel stifled.

Elisabeth