Hi Artemis. Yeah, my muse is a UPS Truck Driver. I would love to have a more "interesting" muse but that's just the way it is. However, it makes it much easier to get mad and curse in their general direction when no deliveries arrive. As for the LaC sequel, it's still quite a way out. My approach is to write the whole thing once. Then revisit it and rewrite it from top to bottom a second time. Only then does it start a beta cycle. I'm still in pass one. I'm afraid it's still months away. I think that's why “100 Meters” showed up. I'm not trying to develop anything else right now but who knows when I'll hear a knock on the door again?

Elisabeth: Thank you. Actually, the "three words" did start out as an idiom. My original draft said either "four words" or "a few words". I don't remember which. As I was doing the final revisions, I got to wondering about what he might say and a list of possibilities shot though my head that was startlingly similar to the list Carol included above. I realized very quickly that many of the possibilities were three-word phrases. Therefore, it became three words. I wonder now if it would not have been better to stay with a more idiomatic phrase such as your "if she lets me get a word in". Hmmm... I have no plans for a follow-on or a sequel. However, it the darn NDP shows up again and forces one on me, perhaps we'll find out that it's really not three words after all. smile

Bob