I can't believe I haven't commented on this part. And to make it worse, this is going to be so short.

This was another great part! Clark on the plane was adorable. Imagine that he would hardly let go of Lois's hand. He's not like me when it comes to his claustrophobia. It doesn't help me to hold someone's hand. I'm okay with flying, more or less, but I detest elevators, because they are sooo cramped and they have no windows. And the door have no handles. You are completely and utterly helpless in them and you can only hope that those steel doors are going to open on their own accord and let you out. Holding somebody's hand when I'm riding an elevator helps not at all. If we get stuck, or if the doors refuse to open, having another person with me will just mean that the oxygen gets used up that much sooner and I'll suffocate in half the time I would if I had been alone! But anyway, the fact that Clark is all right if he holds Lois's hand... I love it, and it says so much about how he trusts her, if her presence and her hand can calm his irrational fears.

Finding Vincent Winninger on that cruise ship was totally yucky and scary. Lois has just been almost-raped, and now she had to have this happen to her:

He seemed nice enough but he held me closer than I was comfortable with. I couldn't get away from him. It wasn't that I really thought he was going to hurt me or whatever, but he was there and I couldn't get away and you weren't there and..." Tears started to fall. "I was trapped and you weren't there and..."
Oh, the horror!!! And Winninger wouldn't even let go when Clark asked him to release Lois!!! Shouldn't they complain to the Captain, or at least inform the Captain that if he didn't do something about it, they might write something nasty about it in their article for the Daily Planet?

Ann