I, too, loved your portrait of Mayson here. I don't want to dislike Mayson at all, so I'm very glad you are giving us the chance to think well of her. I just want her to respect Lois and Clark's relationship, and she did that beautifully here. Lois, too, showed that she was willing to respect and trust Mayson. I hope that Lois and Mayson can be, if not friends, then at least allies when they need it.

(And I marvelled at the fact that you managed to make the whole shopping thing so fascinating. Unlike probably everyone else here, I don't like shopping. Maybe it's because I have trouble keeping my weight, because I love chocolate too much. It's so frustrating trying on clothes and finding that, again, they don't fit. frown And speaking about chocolate... we have been told that Lois loves chocolate, but in order to stay that slim, I can tell you that she sure doesn't eat much of it!!!)

Traveling the Planet: Lane and Kent in Greece. We're using 'Traveling the Planet' as the overarching title for a series that could continue for a long time. Even if you two don't have something to put in a weekend edition, someone else might. Traveling the Planet: Carl in Carlsbad or Traveling the Planet: the Whites at Graceland, things like that.
Carl in Carlsbad or the Whites at Graceland! I love it!

And I think it's great that Lois and Clark are getting the chance to establish themselves as reporters on this trip. I'm also glad that they will have to respect "the real time" of travelling, meaning they will have to travel as slowly as normal people would so as not to arouse suspicions, meaning, in turn, that they will get to spend that much more time together.

I liked Perry's talk with Clark, too. I very much liked the fact that Clark wouldn't tell Perry what exactly the problem was, out of respect for Lois, but at the same time I loved that he would tell Perry that there was a problem, and that he was hurting because of it.

Like Carolyn, I'm really beginning to look forward to the time when Lois begins to feel physically comfortable around Clark. Unlike some others, however, I don't think that Lois's reaction is unrealistic. Not everyone has the same libido, and for some people, being deeply hurt and scarred during their childhood makes them too scared to acknowledge their libido. Personally, I believe that Lois thinks, consciously or more likely subconsciously, that if she becomes intimate with Clark she will become his "real" wife, and wives are the sort of people that their husbands walk all over.

But wait! Doesn't Lois trust Clark now? Yes, she does, but only as he is now, and as they both are now. Clark is the man who shares her bed with her and holds her at night, he is the man she shares a household with, and he is the man who helps her keep that household going. He is the man who helps her care for and support Lucy. He is the man who has promised not to leave her or abandon her. He is the man she is going to Greece with. But he is also the man who has told her that he would like to have sex with her, thereby transforming her into a "real" wife. And she isn't ready for that. She isn't ready to make herself that vulnerable. But Clark has promised to wait for her, until she is ready. And so far she is in no hurry to get ready for that change.

Like everyone else, I'm very much looking forward to Lois and Clark's trip to Greece!

Ann