Loved seeing the criminal charges wrapped up and the story slated to go to print. Hopefully that will be cathartic for Lois.

Now, is Lana quite, um, in touch with reality? There was the extra-long hug, and the oh-so-subtle attempt to get him to drive her (and only her) back to Perry and Alice's, and then the little scene where she comes around the corner planning "to ask his help with something." (I really don't want to know what, exactly, she wants his help with!). So it seems like he dodged the "wannabe homewrecker" -- nice turn of phrase, Lois -- but there's still lunch the next day.

So poignant, the scene where she's looking for something to wear to the party, knowing she doesn't have anything nice. Poverty justs grinds you down and wears you out; there's nothing romantic about it, and I think you've captured that reality very well. And then he gives her used jeans and shirt for a graduation present, and she's thrilled. It just underscores all the struggles they've been through.

Are we going to find out something specific about Lois' childhood? It seems to me that her inability to trust (before the rape attempt) was somewhat OTT unless there was a lot more going on in the Lane household than we've heard about so far.

Well, I enjoyed this part. Wrapping up college and the rape crime at the same time works nicely. Now if only that inheritance money would show up...

Peace, Carolyn