Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#52538 05/27/08 12:45 PM
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Loved seeing the criminal charges wrapped up and the story slated to go to print. Hopefully that will be cathartic for Lois.

Now, is Lana quite, um, in touch with reality? There was the extra-long hug, and the oh-so-subtle attempt to get him to drive her (and only her) back to Perry and Alice's, and then the little scene where she comes around the corner planning "to ask his help with something." (I really don't want to know what, exactly, she wants his help with!). So it seems like he dodged the "wannabe homewrecker" -- nice turn of phrase, Lois -- but there's still lunch the next day.

So poignant, the scene where she's looking for something to wear to the party, knowing she doesn't have anything nice. Poverty justs grinds you down and wears you out; there's nothing romantic about it, and I think you've captured that reality very well. And then he gives her used jeans and shirt for a graduation present, and she's thrilled. It just underscores all the struggles they've been through.

Are we going to find out something specific about Lois' childhood? It seems to me that her inability to trust (before the rape attempt) was somewhat OTT unless there was a lot more going on in the Lane household than we've heard about so far.

Well, I enjoyed this part. Wrapping up college and the rape crime at the same time works nicely. Now if only that inheritance money would show up...

Peace, Carolyn
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Very nice, Carol. You wrapped up the investigation, but now we have the rest to take care of. (And see, there wasn't any reason to worry that your story was anything like mine.)

Sorry I've been delinquent with FDK but between babysitting and obligations up the ying-yang, I've barely had time to write my own stuff -- which usually takes place at night while I'm trying not to fall asleep writing. Hubby has been out of town for a week, too, and won't be back until this Saturday.

I've been making an effort to keep up with the parts, though, and I have to say it's very good. How you manage with rug rats running all over the place I'm not sure. I've got a 4 year old grandson and 2 year old grand daughter here right now and this fdk has been interrupted 5 times already. Chuck says I made raising 7 kids look easy, but how I managed is a mystery now.

Anyway, any time you can post the next part, I'm sure many more than I are looking forward to it.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I wasn't sure which was the true feedback thread so I just picked one.

It's been a long time since I've read a good married-person story. I like the little nuances you throw in there that nobody else would, like how nice it is to have new panties when you've been out of cash for far too long. That's real love for him to think of her that way.

Clark walked behind Lois as the graduation march played.
Sorry if I'm a little snippy on this, but I've had this conversation too many times this week. It's called Pomp and Circumstance and it has a full history, particularly in the UK, so it deserves to be mentioned by name.

The scene where they find Jonathan's wedding band is extremely touching, particularly as it comes with a renewed vow at this time where they need it so very much.

The tacit agreement to have conversations recorded makes so much sense in light of the university setting. Well done thinking that one through.

Tears streamed down Lois' face. "It's over?"

Henderson beamed at her. "It is.
If he's pleading guilty, then it is. From what I hear, the court case could have been a bear otherwise.

BTW, I love her graduation present for Clark. She's giving him another large piece of her heart.

Elisabeth

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Thanks, E. I couldn't remember and forgot to look it up.

All fixed.
Carol

Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay they graduated!!! And the timing coincides (sort of) when there are graduation ceremonies going on in RL smile

And looks like the Paul thing might be drawing to a close. Good riddance. But there's still more, lots more of the story, right?

I hope this is the last we see of Lana and her home-wrecking schemes. She obviously can't stomach the fact that Clark can care for / love someone else. But hopefully even she knows when to give up.

Terrific story! thumbsup cool smile

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I told you earlier there was something I want to give you. You'll have to give it back; it's not really mine, but I'd like you to at least read it sometime." She fingered the ribbon that held the paper in place. "I'm still not sure I'm ready for this, but if I want this to work, I have to trust you at some point." She handed it to him without looking at him.

He climbed into the bed next to her and held it on his lap. "Are you sure?"

She nodded. "Yeah."

He tugged on one end of the ribbon and the bow came undone. He unfolded the paper and pulled a book out. "The Amazing Adventures of Fairy Princesses Lois and Lucy." He turned to look at her. "Really?"
We interrupt any real thoughts for a great big sappy Awwwww. What a great gift. Didn't have a clue for the life of me what she might be giving Clark. I think I'll just bask in all the trust and happiness and arrests. smile

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Kerth
Kerth
Wow, you sure managed to wrap up your A-plot. I'm especially happy to know how long Paul Smith will (probably) stay in prison. If only it was the same in Germany... mad But no, here, sexual offenders often only get two, three years for rape. But that's an entirely different topic...

I especially loved the whaffy scenes between Lois and Clark. Lois' development is astounding, from a teenager who can't trust anyone to a young woman who finally learns to trust her husband. dance

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Lara Joelle Kent:
EDIT: Wait a minute, you have [b]three FDK-threads for this part? That might be a new record... dance [/b]
I believe your right about that.

Carol, I'm sorry, but I got behind eek and am having to play catch-up. I will leave fdk soon.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Another great installment, Carol.

Lois the poker-champ.
Lois meet Lana.
Fry Paul.

Just great. But I am worried since you warned us that we haven't seen the end of their troubles yet.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Carol,

What a great part! Probably my favorite so far! thumbsup

I have to admit, it never once occured to me that there are people from Smallville that would want to come to Clark's college graduation

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow! They graduated from college AND had the case solved all in one day. Happy day in the Lane/Kent household!

One thing though...they graduated from college...but neither one of them are 21 yet? Clark should at least be 21, I would think.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Rona V.:
One thing though...they graduated from college...but neither one of them are 21 yet? Clark should at least be 21, I would think.
IIRC, Clark turned 22 in February, but Lois will turn 21 in December.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow.

Well done.

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Whew!

Sooo glad Paul and his cronies are facing judgment. It feels to me that we are finally turning a page: graduation, first investigation, first major marriage hurdle... great stuff. I also want to mention that its nice that Eduardo and Cat are on the scene- not just because they were allies during the investigation, but because there is true 'friend' potential there, and we haven't really seen Lois and Clark relate to too many people outside of the core group. It speaks well of the future at the Planet- one where our favorite duo aren't *so* jaded as in other times.

Given the shadiness of Lana's actions around trying to corner Clark, I think the scene she encountered with Lois sitting on Clark's lap may be enough for her to get the message. At least, that's what I'm hoping for- we need no more of these stray women coming on the scene vying for Clark's affections! Then again, I'm ready for Lois to have no reason to protect her territory- for her to finally be secure in their shared love that interest from another woman would only cause her to smirk ('cause she knows who his attentions are only for wink ). But I will *attempt* to be patient and see how you take us there, Carol.

Thanks for another great installment!
~s

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Thanks again!

Carolyn - Lana in touch with reality? Really? I will say I've never been a Lana fan and have a hard time writing one that is truly likable [which is difficult in one Clanaish wip *shudder*, even though it's prepilot]. I so remember those days when just buying a new package of socks was such a huge deal. And I don't remember who said it [Ann in the other thread?] there's something inherently wrong about underwear from a thrift store. But that's just me. I'd rather have something cheaper but new, given the option.

I'm not sure about the OTT [had to look that up - over the top] thing. Lois has never had anyone that she could count on or trust. Ever. Except Lucy, which doesn't really count. She simply can't accept that a man can be faithful. It's not in her worldview. It's like she was raised believing that alternate universes didn't exist and suddenly Wells is on her doorstep. Sometimes you have to see to believe. And she has to see Clark stay and be faithful before she can believe it. That's not to say that there isn't more in her childhood, but I think most of it is just more of the same. But more of it. And more...

Nan - How you raised 7 is beyond me. I'm still trying to convince DH we want another one, but I don't know if it's going to happen. He thinks 4 is enough. And most of my posts happen during naptime or like now - everyone else is in bed and the house is quiet. Do you know how rare that is? Okay - I'm sure you do wink .

And you're right - it's not much like Second Choice. In my defense wink , it was Oct still when I emailed you and the 'marriage to get custody of Lucy' thing [even though that wasn't exactly what your L/C did] was there. And this whole thing with Paul hadn't been plotted yet. It was a late addition - mid/late Nov iirc.

Elisabeth - Thank you smile . DH still has a hard time convincing me to spend money on myself. It just doesn't come naturally to me anymore even though we're in a *much* better place financially than we ever have been. Even birthday money from my MIL always has the stipulation that it *must* be spent on me... always had a hard time with that. Becky Bain did a wonderful job with a trial etc. in In A Dark Time and I so didn't want to go there. I don't want this to drag out for months - for their sake, my sake, and all of your sakes wink . So pleading guilty it was. And now it's [mostly] over for all of us.

AnKS - Thank you! Didn't plan the graduation thing but you're right - tis the right season for it. Lana will go away but not just yet. They're in town for a week...

JD - awww thank you smile .

Lara - I googled sentences for rape - and that probably is a bit on the long side, but he's only pleading to about half that charges so... and with 'good behavior' it'll be a long time before he's out. As for the trust... I think she knows in her head that she should. Her heart is still a different matter. She's not there yet. It's one of those 'if I want you to trust me, I have to trust you' things. As a teen, you can't prove you can handle responsibilities until you have responsibilities to handle. That kind of thing.

Michael - Ah no, not the end of the troubles yet, but the end of the misunderstandings. I'll say that much. Whatever comes next, they face together - more or less. Mostly.

In4 - those Smallville FoLCs [except Lana - she's not a FoLC wink ] surprised me. I'd planned on Laura giving the ring back when they went to Smallville for the Corn Festival some year, but realized that they were going to buy a new one if I didn't get it to him pretty quick. And he needs to talk to Wayne. You'll see why soon.

Rona - See Michael's post. Lois is 20, which is very young to graduate college. She did high school and college in a total of 6 years [*sigh* took me 6 years to get through just college]. Clark is 22. And thanks smile . Good day indeed!

James - thanks wink .

Sunrei - We are turning a page. As mentioned above, their troubles aren't over, but they'll face them together now rather than apart. I will say that Lana has a hard head and leave it at that. Lois is getting to the point where she trusts Clark, but not completely there yet. For instance - as I mentioned in one of these fdk threads wink - she probably couldn't watch him flirt with/smile at/charm Toni Baines to get to the Messenger at this point without getting sick to her stomach. Someday she may be able to, but not yet.

Thanks again everyone! Look for part 26 in the next few minutes. Probably. It's 2m before Thursday so...

Carol

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard