This is Elisabeth posting as herself. (You can tell us apart by looking at the hair. I have hair. See the difference?)

I like the reasons why Clark studies slowly. His illustration of the 2-year-old's birthday is nice, too.

"I know but you know the old saying 'Family is like fish – after three days it begins to stink'. Three years is even worse I'm sure."
Actually, family is like family. After three years having Lucy there must feel normal. I've never experienced empty nest syndrome, but I imagine that it won't feel like the third wheel has finally left but more like the silence is closing in on them.

He'd been a good friend to her over the last two years – mainly since the first time she'd discovered Clark and Mayson eating together. He'd helped her with homework, given her suggestions for stories – many of which turned out to be above the fold – and even allowed her to help, from time to time, with the editing duties he had.
Which is why this is even a worse betrayal than it could have been. This would have hurt regardless, but wounds from a friend hurt so much worse.

While I rationally believe that Lois would be believed before Paul, at least enough that she would be protected while an investigation was launched. However, I can understand why Lois doesn't believe that. This is a calculated rape, her rapist having carefully selected a woman he feels doesn't feel good enough about herself to deny him.

"Clark will believe me. Perry White will believe me."
In her heart she still believes in Clark.

I like how she determines that she will fight him to the end. Even though he has physically mastered her she makes him degrade her to her face.

"Let go of my wife." Clark's voice held barely concealed anger.

"Didn't you know she likes it rough, Kent?" her attacker snarled.

"I'm not someone you want to make mad, Paul. Let her go."
Clark is used to concealing his emotions, to containing himself enough to keep those around him safe. The fact that he barely holds it down is very telling.

"Lois, we can't just leave him here, even if he is the lowest form of life imaginable."

She turned on her heel and headed for the stairs. "Watch me."
She doesn't feel strong enough to fight Paul, but she is safe enough to fight Clark.

While I understand and agree with Clark that it should be reported, realistically Lois has to be healthy enough to do that. Mom never reported when she was raped by someone she trusted. It was over a decade later that she realized she had left a friend in harm's way (who thankfully was fine), but still it isn't the first thing a woman thinks about. It's a big picture item. Who looks at the big picture when you're almost raped?

I know it's a little off topic to this story part, but I'm grieving a little bit that the first view that Clark has of Lois' body is under these circumstances. It was supposed to be a moment that was celebrated and forever etched into their minds. While I have no doubt this will be unforgettable, it will be remembered either as an open wound or as a scar.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not opposed to rape stories (I wrote one. Remember?), but I feel that this should be fully grieved for the horror that it truly is.

Elisabeth
who wonders where Lois will go for support in healing since she feels like she has no one