Carol, I have been reading but not replying because I just didn't have the time, but this part just had me in so much angst...

"I'm going to be moving out pretty soon."
This is probably a blessing in disguise for Lois and Clark because they need to have some time alone together to start new. They did what they had to do so, now their lives should be about understanding each other and being married.
"I think I’m going to go for a walk. Maybe go pick up Lois at the paper." He glanced at the clock. "She should be done soon."

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I've just got this feeling and I can't quite figure out what it means."

"What kind of feeling?"

"I don't know. That's just it. I'm just... uneasy and restless and I don't know why."
Wow, this is how so in sync those two are. Clark can feel that something isn't right. What better way to express how so in tuned to Lois that Clark really is and how much he loves her.
"Excuse me?" Lois had no intention of telling him how things really were between her and Clark. She backed up until her legs hit the conference table. There was an audible click as something in her pocket hit the table, but neither noticed.
Tape recorder, PLEASE!
"Does he satisfy you, Lois? Does he treat you the way a beautiful woman should be treated? Does he make love to you like a man in love should?"

"That's none of your business."

"I know. It's not, but I'm worried about you, Lois."

"Why?"

"Because the whole campus knows about him and that English major – something Drake."

Lois felt her face go pale. "What about him and Mayson?"

"That they've had a thing going on for years now." He moved closer until he was standing mere inches from her. "They've made you the laughingstock of the university, Lois."

"They have?" Her voice sounded small even to herself.

"They have, Lois." He raised one hand until it gently grazed her cheek. "You're too beautiful to be treated like that."
I hope that Lois isn't going to fall for this. I wouldn't be surprised if Mayson had some input in this. If Lois voluntarily slept with Paul and didn't stick to her guns, then she would have something to taunt Clark about and possibly get him to leave Lois. Not happening...right?
The sound of the door jamb splintering startled both of them. Lois closed her eyes in relief as she realized Clark stood there, but the relief was short lived as a hand lightly gripped her throat.

"Let go of my wife." Clark's voice held barely concealed anger.

"Didn't you know she likes it rough, Kent?" her attacker snarled.

"I'm not someone you want to make mad, Paul. Let her go."
YES! Controlled angry Clark...I love it!
"Shh. Lois. I'm here. He can't hurt you." He lowered himself to the ground, pulling her into his lap. Another click went unheard.
Oh God...he just loves her so much. They really need to talk.

Tape recorder off, now.
"No one will believe me. He made sure of that."

"What on earth do you mean? Why wouldn't anyone believe you?"

"He told me. He's put hints out that I... wanted him. We've worked late together, alone, several times. He said he's hinted to others that there's more to our relationship and that I'd be willing to do anything for an A."

"Why would you need to sleep with him to get an A? You're an excellent student."

"He can doctor grades, Clark."

"Why would he do that?"

"Because he didn't get what he wanted and if he discredits me, then there's nothing I can do to stop him."

"We'll go to Perry. I saw what was happening."

"And because one journalist believes the students he's friends with, that means it must be true? He'll discredit me and you and Perry if he has to."

Groaning from the corner caught their attention.

Clark stared intently at the older man. "He doesn't have a concussion."

"Good. Then let's get out of here." She stood, grabbed his hand and pulled him out the door.

When they reached the center of the newsroom, he stopped in his tracks. "Lois, we can't just leave him here, even if he is the lowest form of life imaginable."

She turned on her heel and headed for the stairs. "Watch me."
Never fear Lois. You have all the evidence you need to be credible! I cannot wait until Clark hears the tape and find out that Lois believes that he is having an affair with Mayson. OOH Carol, you musn't keep us waiting!

This story has been absolutely genius. Carol you have just touched on all of my emotions with it. Loved it! Absolutely fabulous. I hate that you have the power to distract me from my studies just to see if there is more posted. I hate you having that power over me! Damn you!

Now get back here before Monday!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.