Oh, goodness, where to start...

Elisabeth thought I was suffering some malady while I was reading your story.(I started reading the story first, but I am betting by the time I finish this she will be done and commenting ahead of me.) There were so many snorts, belly laughs, and wheezying laughs, Elisabeth was probably thinking that I would need my inhalor.

My favorite lines.

'Genetic Experiment Number 309'
That one started the laughter.

"And the animal?" the second earth man asked, deadpan. His partner elbowed him in the side.
Snort!

"We propose that some of the dialogue be rewritten to indicate a master-servant relationship between the two couples."
giggle

"We request that the name of the vehicle be changed to 'The Hand of Rao' to reflect this new purpose. We also request that its wheels be painted out, to make it appear less archaic."
Shades of George Lucas

And this one nearly made me lose a lung.

"Regarding the character Wala or 'Daphne'. We noticed that she has been portrayed as a sort of 'weak link' in the group, often being captured and displaying less brains and will than the other characters. Yet, she has red hair!" The other council members nodded while he spoke, frowning seriously. "You must either improve her character, or change her hair color."
The reason this is so funny to me is that my long suffering Muse decided several years ago to rewrite a fanfic that I had sort of finished but was never happy with. (Metro, you know which one I am talking about.) Anyway, two of the 'new' characters introduced was Jela-Nor and Jel-Nor Both of which has amazingly red hair.

Then the Rogers thing and the Barney thing and I have to agree with the Kryptonians about Teletubbies.

Loved this story.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!