quote:
"Miss Lane!" he said. "What a pleasure! To what do I owe the honor of speaking to Metropolis' prettiest investigative reporter?"

"You're not speaking to her," Clark told him, his expression darkening.

"Oh... Kent," Bruce said, his tone now unmistakably petulant.

-------------------------------------------------
Doesn't everyone know that Clark is Metropolis' prettiest investigative reporter? Bruce must be blind as a bat not to see that!
Oh, Lara and Cape Fetish, you both crack me up!!!

"I'm sorry, what now?" the billionaire asked, obviously startled.

"Shock Wave. It's a project that Wayne Enterprises is investing billions of dollars in. Don't tell me you didn't know!" Clark rolled his eyes and sighed. Leave it to the World's Greatest Detective to be completely oblivious to what his playboy alter ego's company was dealing in.
Galactically clueless Bruce!!! rotflol rotflol rotflol

"Yeah, that's me," he answered, grinning widely. "Hey, wait a second. I know you! We've met before!"

"Us?" Clark asked, surprised. "No, I don't think so. I would remember, believe me, I would."

Aquaman stood there observing Clark, who was starting to sweat quite a bit now. He feared that by the time this interview was over, there would be one more person in the world who knew his secret.

"Oh, I've got it!" Aquaman said, excitedly. "I knew I'd seen you before! I'd recognize that chin anywhere! You're Batman, aren't you?"
Aquaman is blind as a fish, as Cape Fetish said! rotflol rotflol rotflol

"Huh...?" Aquaman asked, trying to make sense of this new information. He'd been so sure of himself. He knew he'd seen the reporter's face somewhere, but if he wasn't Batman, then where? "But your face looks so familiar..." he said, confused.

"Of course it does, Water Boy," Batman declared, looking smug. He extended an arm and pointed over to a tall building nearby on top of which sat a huge billboard adorning an equally impressive ad for the Daily Planet. "Kent here has his face – and his awful taste in neckwear - plastered all over the city!"

"Well, what do you know..." said Aquaman, staring at the promotional picture of Lois and Clark. "I guess I must have been too busy looking at the pretty girl on the poster to really notice you."
Clark, remember to hold on to Lois - because if you don't, Batman and Aquaman are waiting in line to date her! rotflol rotflol rotflol

Ann