Yay!!

Tomorrow, tomorrow!
I love ya, Tomorrow!
Is only a day...AWAAAAYYYY!!!

(Dog howls)
dance

I have to say, what I really love about this story is how perfectly it combines so many of the elements of so many incarnations of the Superman legend, be it the Chris Reeves movies, The Animated series (Your Lois is soo close to her in incarnation in that one!), LnC or Smallville. For example the fortress of Solitude, JOr-El's messages, the encounter with Flash, Jonathan's death, and the way Clark is still the real man beneath the suit, but still disguises his personality as that of a bumbling geek.

And yet, it maintains it's own unique identity. I sometimes feel as though Darkest Dreams embodies the essence of Superman as our generation perceives it.

Did that sentence make sense? Sorry, my brains feel scrambled at the mo. =(

And even though this story has this reputation as a dark and angsty fic, I really don't think that's a fair label. It has something innately hopeful and humourous and innocent about it, despite all the gory and heart-wrenching situations Lois and Clark face. It has everything I loved about Lois and Clark without the lackadiasical, cartoonish plot lines I disliked. (just my opinion.)

It's why I love it so much. That and the brilliant imagery. You truly are an expert at wordcraft. notworthy

There's your review, Smirkster! Now quit prodding me with that damn stick! laugh

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.