Another excellent chapter, Rachel. I can only echo the previous posters and say that this was, again, wonderful. I didn't see coming the information about Kryptonite being made public either, but it fits the twisted, psychopathic personality behind Logram and B39 perfectly. ("We didn't kill him, so let's tell all the world's criminals how to do it. [cue evil laugh])

Even thought Lois didn't make an appearance, she was here. When Clark pondered how she was treating him and how he made it so easy for her to treat him that way, I wanted to slap him upside the head and yell, "Don't make her work so hard to try to like you!" And I loved the line where he pocketed the pocketknife. It struck me funny.

The rescue at the shootout was excellent. The description from Superman's viewpoint of how the bullets seemed to float towards him was truly inspired, as was his care in not picking up the window fragments in his wake. And the burglar's reaction when he realized that he was shooting at Superman was interesting. He was carrying a green glass crystal, too, so his backup plan failed utterly.

His stare was dark and completely cold as he looked at the crook, and it was enough to make the man tremble and actually drop his gun from a shaking hand.

“P-please . . . ” the robber stuttered, clearly terrified for his life.
Superman's demeanor seems to have hardened a bit, too. Of course, it's probably a reaction to the trauma he's been through. At least he isn't stuttering any more.

And the Fortress? I didn't see that coming, either. You know, I was never all that comfortable with that aspect of the movies, with all the inhuman, cold, emtionless, alien crystal shapes and prismatic effects on screen, but you've managed to warm them up for me. Thank you.

And now, what is Clark going to learn? And how long will he hide out in this Kryptonian university? Ooh, it's interactive! AI with a superior attitude! Does it have a games folder?

I hope you have the next several chapters put together already, or else a certain someone might find little guys carrying spears and chainsaws chasing her around.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing